Come and Practice in SYW

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
The one truth we must all know is that we only get better through repetition. One of the great resources we have in this forum is our writing group. Come of to SYW and practice you skills. You don't have to share work you intend to sell, but you can. The big thing is that you create and get used to sharing it, taking feedback, and learning from it.

Come over to SYW and post. We will make sure that anyone who posts gets at least a read and basic feedback. Some of what's posted gets very detailed feedback from people that know what they are talking about, and maybe me too.

We're looking forward to seeing what's in your mind.

Goshawk31

Registered
Reaction score
thank you, InkFinger. I plan to post soon. One question tho: The book I'm working on is a kind of techno-thriller with some magical elements. I'm figuring it fits best in thriller but am not completely sure. thx!

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
Goshawk31 -
kind of techno-thriller with some magical elements

You can find help in both mystery/thriller and erotica. Most good works written for adults will have some element of erotica. Feel free to come try us out. And there are some very talented writers over in mystery/thriller, some of them are the same people. So keep the naughty bits over in erotica and you can go to mystery/thriller to expand the readers a bit.

We are a welcoming bunch. Will love to see what you've got.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Goshawk31- <snip>Will love to see what you've got.
My mind just goes in the sexy direction any time it's given the option.

But I echo InkFinger (InkFinger... InkFinger... InkFinger). We would indeed be glad to help you polish the erotic portions of a novel in another genre. I read mysteries and thrillers in addition to my writing genre. (In fact, when I'm actively writing, I don't read erotica because I keep unconsciously copying it.) When you post, feel free to give some brief explanation about who these people are and what their relationship and current situation is as the reader starts the erotic scene.

Maryn, who especially loves a good thriller

Goshawk31

Registered
Reaction score
Oooops! I goofed and did not realize that I had posted my question in Erotica. I'm not sure how I managed to get that mixed up but it probably won't be the first time. At any rate, I will now go post the question where it belongs. Thanks so much for your replies, though. It's something I will keep in mind.

Last edited: