new

Rick Albert

Registered
Reaction score
I have just arrived yesterday. Still trying to find myself a room here, The place is big. I am a comic relief. I have posted some of my humor on the site. i have entered the newbie bar and looked about couldn't find a drink. How do you get some action here. Am I the only one here. It is too quiet. I found that there are a few people here.
I think, I have to be known more here for people to open up and write to each other, so, here I am.
Let's get this party started. I hope you are doing well. Whoever responded to me.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We had to let the bartender go. Drinking on the job, don't you know.

But there's still the communal hot tub, bubbles optional.

What many new arrivals do, after they read all the links in the "official" welcome post you'll see soon in this thread, is cruise where their interests lead them, reading a board or specific thread until they get the feel of the place, then posting. A lot of people feel most at ease getting acquainted at the boards that are not about writing, like Office Party, or the boards about entertainment or cooking.

FWIW, it's very much worth it to read the stickies on any board before posting. It'll explain any rules and expectations of how participants will behave on that board.

Maryn, working on the visitors handbook with pen and ink illustrations of all the mods and members with over 5000 posts

Last edited:

Rick Albert

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. I have been trying to figure out what I should do. The place seems to have a lot of things going for it. I have been working on writing for while. I have not run into anyone here at about my time. Are you people from Britian and Europe if this is the case, than your morning is our evening. I don't drink, other than a few black Russians when I am bowling. Thank you for all the support here, that I have gain by running into you people. Thanak you for having me arrive,

Pastelnudes

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Rick. I'm from the Uk, but probably a majority of members are from the US, so you shouldn't have too many problems with timing.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Old

Glad you're here, Prince Albert.

Having a brand of pipe tobacco, a city, and an entire province named after you must be heady.

:welcome:.

Chase, bowing

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Rick. I'm from the Uk, but probably a majority of members are from the US, so you shouldn't have too many problems with timing.
There is also the vast Aussie/NZ contingent. Just sayin. Vast, it is.