Hello! (kind of late)

Staccata

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! I've been a member on here and lurked occasionally for a long time, and figured I should probably get around to making an introduction and getting more involved.

I like to write fantasy and sci-fi - about the same stuff I like to read. (I am currently in the middle of reading the Temeraire series.) I've been writing pretty much since I was five years old, and somehow kept at it over the years. My other favorite hobby is researching fairytales and mythology. That interest plays into most of the things I write.

At this point, I have a couple of manuscripts that I'm trying to polish with the goal of querying and publishing. But first, more editing. I tried querying several years back, but in retrospect, the book was not at all ready at the time. I'm also trying to learn how to write a good synopsis.

I have beta read a little for a couple of people, and would like to find more critique partners.

It's nice to officially meet people!

kinokonoronin

Purveyor of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
What's up, Staccata? Nice to make your acquaintance.

I can relate to querying works that really weren't ready. Seems we figure out these things in retrospect.

I wish you good fortune for the material you're polishing up now!

RC turtle

Registered
Reaction score
I listened to the Temeraire series on audiobooks a couple of months ago. A good narrator can really add to the experience, I think. I loved it.

I look forward to reading some of your work!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AWTake some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about Absolute Write.Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.Please read the FAQ about posting photos. In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need 50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted. Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight! Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, Staccata. It's never too late . . . edit, revise, smooth, and polish . . . all mean you're doing great. :greenie

jadeheavens

Registered
Reaction score
I love fairy tale and mythology-related works--best of luck with editing and eventually putting your queries out there again! I've recently dipped my toes into the beta-swapping world and it's been a really rewarding experience to help a fellow writer while learning through critiquing as well. Have fun meeting people and getting involved with the groups that interest you here!