• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Worldwide Literary Ltd. / WW Literary Agency

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/wwliteraryagen1

They followed me on Twitter a couple days ago. I checked out their website out of curiosity. It didn't list any agents or clients and overall it was so bland it was troubling. (Also, Wix Builder? Really?)

So I politely replied to their pinned tweet and suggested they include a list of agents associated with the agency. They unfollowed me almost immediately. The next day, they blocked me.

They've also updated their website as I suggested. Still not an inspiring operation.

Girlsgottawrite

I write at work...
Registered
Reaction score
I have an incredibly brilliant twiter friend who did some research on them. They are listed on the UK government database as being registered for "Other Publishing Actiivities." This is separate from book publishing which has its own registration. And as of today, they have been registered for exactly 5 days!

I would definitely steer clear!

Last edited:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
The lead agent Slavi Georgiev has a distinctive name, yet a Google search produces no hits relating to literary activities at all. If he has worked in publishing before he has left no footprint which suggests to me that he hasn't.

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
I did some more poking around. WW Literary lists its director as Stanislav Georgiev Georgiev (our friend Slavi, obviously). He is also the director and sole employee of SG Accounts Services, Ltd, which provides bookkeeping services and which shares the same address as WW Literary. So....maybe he decided to take up agenting as a hobby?

Whatever his reasons, he clearly has zero experience in publishing, and authors should run far and fast.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
WW Literary lists its director as Stanislav Georgiev Georgiev (our friend Slavi, obviously). He is also the director and sole employee of SG Accounts Services, Ltd, which provides bookkeeping services and which shares the same address as WW Literary. So....maybe he decided to take up agenting as a hobby?
A kinder thought than 'maybe he decided to take up bookkeeping as a hobby'?
Look how often the two are intertwined.

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
This didn't take very long. The agency's twitter account no longer exists, and the website url returns the error "Looks Like This Domain Isn't Connected To A Website Yet!"

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Well, apparently he was thoughtful enough to give up agenting before he had taken anyone's money, or messed up their chances with publishers! So, yay! for him?