Here to share ideas and drink coffee

PanAndPaper

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone.I'm currently working on worldbuilding and developing my short story writing skills in particular. I have a vague idea of this magi-tech fantasy (definitely not medieval) world where I can randomly point somewhere on the map and go 'there's probably a good story here, let's explore it'. Maybe I'll think about a novel at some point, but it isn't in my priorities right now.I'm a big fan of both fantasy and sci-fi, and especially ideas that blur the lines between the two in a fun, interesting way.Hopefully I can bounce ideas off people here and find inspiration, helping others do the same.

kinokonoronin

Purveyor of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
Hey PanAndPaper. Welcome!

Genre blending is always a fun exercise. I'm new enough so that I don't know where one goes to "bounce ideas off people" but I'd be happy to be one of those people in your case!

What kind of stuff do you read? Got any favorites?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AWTake some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about Absolute Write.Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.Please read the FAQ about posting photos. In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need 50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted. Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight! Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Kerry56

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Hope you don't mind if I have iced tea with you instead of coffee. Never developed a taste for it. I think I was ruined by the coffee found in the W. Texas oilfields, which was black enough and thick enough to tar the roof. If you wanted your morning coffee break, it was mandatory, and with enough sugar you could choke it down, but I suspect drinking it took years off my expected lifespan.

Back to the forums. :) You'll find lots of nice people around here, with insight on writing, publishing your works and making it through rejections. I'm still in the reading, listening and learning phase myself, and it has been a fun month. Hope you enjoy your time here too.