• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Needed for YA Post Apocalyptic Pseudo-Western

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spy_on_the_Inside

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently looking for one last beta to read my story before I proofread and start looking for agents. It is currently 33 chapters long, and what I most need is to polish it and trim the word count.

Blurb: In a temple near a New Mexico mountain village, fourteen-year-old Rhode Monteiro lives her life as a priestess, smoking poppies, blessing villagers, and listening to the spirits whisper. She is untouched by the world outside her walls, where life in the Outlands is brutal and the posh citizens of the city-states only venture from their rich walls to claim the Outlanders’ children to repay the debts they are owed. That is, until the day they came and destroyed her temple, killed her caretakers, and kidnapping her sister priestesses. Rhode must rely on a pair of young lovers from the village, Holt and Julia, to escape. As the poppies fade from her system and the spirits grow silent, Rhode is forced to choose a new purpose on her own. Now, with the help of her new friends, she will shoot guns, fly gliders, join a band of gypsies and whatever else it takes to find the people responsible for the destruction of her home and rescue her lost sisters. Before they are sold to slavery and she loses them forever.

I could potentially do a chapter for chapter in exchange for this. I have published sever horror stories, but I am also a fan of sci-fi, fantasy, and YA. Just be warned, I am not good at romance.

hjrey

Registered
Reaction score
Hey if you're still looking for a beta reader, I have a YA Pirate Fantasy that we could swap on? Posted a thread on the board here too. Let me know and we can see about exchanging the first few chapters to see if we're a fit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.