South African Fantasy Publishers

Ricardo Salepas

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm just doing some research at this point in time, but does anyone know of any fantasy publishers in South Africa that I could approach?
If not, does anyone know of any international publishers I would be able to approach that would consider content written by a South African?

I don't have the means to meet face to face so electronic submissions are definitely preferable.
I'm also specifically looking for traditional publishers and not any vanity presses.

If anyone could help that would be great!
Thanks.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
(Moved from Publishing FAQs)

Check out bookstores in your area: Who publishes the fantasy they stock? Even online catalogs should give you an idea of who/what has the reach to get your book in stores.

jessywrites

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ricardo,

Unless you're novel is very SA specific, would you really need an SA publisher? Many US/UK publishers and agents are open to international writers.

InfinteStarsDev

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

Fellow South African here. My significant other is in the publishing business. Have you tried Randomhouse? Alternatively if your book is in Afrikaans you might try Lapa Publishers?

Trina

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ricardo,

I see this post is from 2020. I'm wondering/ hoping that you came right?

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ricardo hasn't been active on the forum for a couple of years, so it's unlikely you'll get an answer

Reactions: Maryn