Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For the last four days or more, at least half the time when I use Post Quick Reply, instead of posting I'm getting a pop-up asking if I want to leave the page or stay on it. The little blue spinning circle indicating things are in the works is gone, and Post Quick Reply is no longer greyed out but active again. If I hit Post Quick Reply again, usually it posts, although not right away.

If I correct a typo or add a word before I try a second time, when it posts, what posts is the original version.

I'm using up-to-date Firefox as my Windows 10 browser. When it's hot, my internet connection seems slower than usual, although at most sites it's an additional second, not timing out or whatever this is. I cleared cache and deleted cookies when this started, at the end of last week, but haven't done it since.

Is it my connection speed, DDOS attacks, or something else? I can live with it, but it's new and different.

Maryn, who could proofread better so she doesn't need to correct

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't gotten the warning, but it is the tiniest bit slow.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
We're still dealing with attempted DDOS attacks. They amped up over the last 72 hours, and this error is not unique to you, it's because the server is struggling.

I'm smacking as fast and as many bots as I can.

But it's not you.

My only advice is to do what I do; copy the post to your clipboard (or an email or text file) before you hit reply, Just In Case.

And my apologies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.