• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta for Upper MG Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel.Williams

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am seeking feedback on my latest manuscript. It's 60,000 words.

Basic premise: Thirteen year old Josh's big brother Trevor recently died. Josh, however, is convinced Trevor didn't die but was kidnapped by supervillains and this is his superhero origin story. Now, Josh is trying to defeat the supervillains, find Trevor, and save him.

Any and all feedback would be welcome. I'm ready to take the criticism to make my manuscript better. Specifically, I would like feedback on how I handled my MC's questioning of his sexuality (he fears he might be asexual, and slowly accepts the idea that he might not be straight and that's okay) and having a black minor character (Josh's best friend and "side kick"). I really want to make sure I accurately and respectfully depict these characters. I also want feedback on the ending and if it was too dark.

Thank you! I've never asked for betas before or had a beta before so let me know if you have any questions or need any more information to consider beta-ing.

Drascus

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'll read your book if you like. :) I recently finished my first novel and while I may not be able to comment too much on your black character I am a queer dude who grew up in a house with airtight herteronormative expectations so I can offer some insight on the sexuality issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.