self published on Amazon - can I sell on Apple Books?

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
The title kinda says it all. Even though Amazon dominates, it seems like a good idea to widen distribution channels.
Are there issues associated with selling on both sites? ISBN number maybe (mine are through Amazon)?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
You will need to have an ebook epub file for Apple.

Dealing directly with Apple is somewhat tricky if you don't use a Mac, and can be a royal PITA even if you do.

I suggest using Smashwords or a similar service.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Yes you can, as in are permitted to, do it if you are not enrolled in Select and don't price it any cheaper than on Amazon. I havenlt actually done it myself so I don't know how tricky it is to actually do.

Cephus

Registered
Reaction score
So long as you are not in KDP Select, you can sell anywhere you want. You cannot use the Amazon-supplied numbers anywhere else though, you'll need to provide one yourself elsewhere. You will likely find that 95% of your sales will come through Amazon regardless.

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
When I began I published on all vendors. I found I got lots more sales through Amazon. So I went solely Amz.

This let me sign up for the KU/KOLL subscription programs. To my surprise I made more money from the latter than books sales by about 1.5 by 1. Book sales go up and down faster than the sub programs, so I'm still earning through "free" reading when book sales have dropped quite low.

One related note. Whenever earnings of either sort drop low I used to think all sales of previous books were done. But as time went on & I published more books I found that my older books began to sell again.