Thinking of splitting second sequel up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnugglePuggle

Banned
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm back :) For the longest time I had a hard time trying to get back here since whenever I tried to come to the forum webpage, it would give me a security lock for some reason. It
finally opened up not long ago so now I can sign in.

Anyhow, I've been reading my fantasy series through after a big break, and can definitely see some things that needed editing of course, but as I was going through my second sequel (this
series is currently a four-book series), I wondered if maybe I needed to split it up into two.

As a little background, the four books have their own each singular plot in them, but has a growing overall plot that is finished in the last book. So I have that to consider if I split this second one up but anyway,
the second book has a certain ex-girlfriend that comes into the mix to split up my two main characters, but her story ends pretty quick while the main overall plot of that sequel continues after she dies-a werewolf faction that kidnaps the female ML again to draw out her mega strong vampire boyfriend to kill him. It would make more sense if I could explain everything about my series but I don't to spoil it for you all.

Not to mention I have her being kidnapped twice, so I wondered if I should split it into two. I just would have to think up of my original plot and how to make sure it flows through each book, while adding in enough material
for both singular plots as well.

I know it's confusing, but do you agree or not? Split it into two or keep it the same?

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Welcome back SnugglePuggle. :hi:I was wondering where you went! (really. I did)

Anyways. Yes, I'm a little confused but I get that you don't want to spoil it. However, I think that maybe you shouldn't split it up because you said that each book has it's own plot line. I am writing my series like that and if I put my series in your shoes then I would find it very hard to split one of the books. Not saying impossible. Just hard.

However, do note that you should follow your gut. If you read the book and thought this right off the bat then do it. If you however considered halving the book after a bit of time, then don't separate them.

Sorry for the (conflicting) answers. :e2seesaw: I just typed what I thought.

Best of luck to you!

SnugglePuggle

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome back SnugglePuggle. :hi:I was wondering where you went! (really. I did)

Anyways. Yes, I'm a little confused but I get that you don't want to spoil it. However, I think that maybe you shouldn't split it up because you said that each book has it's own plot line. I am writing my series like that and if I put my series in your shoes then I would find it very hard to split one of the books. Not saying impossible. Just hard.

However, do note that you should follow your gut. If you read the book and thought this right off the bat then do it. If you however considered halving the book after a bit of time, then don't separate them.

Sorry for the (conflicting) answers. :e2seesaw: I just typed what I thought.

Best of luck to you!

Hi The Second Moon! This is my second read through of the book but during my first I didn't think I needed to split it up then. I guess I'll keep it together for now and only separate them if I have
good enough material to do so.

Thanks for the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.