Recognising A Fellow Traveller (C19th UK Miliitary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Circa 1810-ish.

Okay, what I should like to be able to do is to have an army officer, someone who has seen action in the the peninsular campaign, come to the rescue of another guy, who had also been in Spain. My second guy had not fared so well and had been invalided out of the army. His injuries are not obvious unless he takes his shirt off.

What I should like, though I do not know whether it is plausible, is for my Samaritan officer to know without having to be told that the other man had served and seen active service. One hears stuff about the way a person carries themself, the way they move, maybe a hyper vigilance, but I don't know if that is a load of over blown tosh, or there is real mileage in it.

Might there be some sort of insignia/badge my injured guy might wear on his coat?

When I say officer, I mean commissioned officers, though my injured guy is a former lieutenant and my Samaritan is a colonel.

I doubt it's relevant, but they make each other's acquaintance in a drawing room in a fancy house.

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
I assume you'll be using made-up regiments? Because if you do, then you can do something like giving the regiment the injured guy was from a certain exclamation or phrase that only members of that regiment use, and the Samaritan can recognize it.

Or if your second guy isn't completely invalided out but on half-pay, he could still be in his regimentals (especially at a formal party.)

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Signet ring or belt buckle with the regimental crest?

Status
Not open for further replies.