GOP Congressman Gaetz wonders why we can’t hunt down and kill protestors?

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, okay, he said Antifa, but of course the right is saying Antifa is behind the riots and protests, so draw your obvious conclusion.

Twitter takes action against Rep. Matt Gaetz for glorifying violence

The Verge said:
Twitter has restricted a tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) for violating its policies against glorifying violence, following a similar action taken against President Donald Trump last week.

In a tweet published Monday, Gaetz wrote, “Now that we clearly see Antifa as terrorists, can we hunt them down like we do those in the Middle East?” The post was retweeted over 12,000 times before Twitter took action against it. Hours after it was posted, Twitter determined that it violated its policies against glorifying violence. In doing so, the tweet is hidden from Gaetz’s profile and users must click a “view” button before seeing. Likes, retweets, and replies are all disabled from the tweet in an effort to limit its reach.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
That pesky Constitution, stopping them from simply shooting protesters they don't like. They need to change it so it only grants free speech to "real Americans" who occupy federal land and show up at state capitals with assault rifles because they think masks are uncomfortable to wear during a pandemic and only grants freedom of religion to fundamentalist protestants (and maybe not even all of those--just ones that have been vetted).

Ironically, there are White Nationalist groups posing as Antifa and calling for violence on Twitter. This doesn't mean Antifa isn't involved at all, but it is interesting how people on the Right get so worked up about the one example of an over-the-top Leftist group in the US while ignoring the bad behavior countless Fascist, let alone far-right, groups.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securi...OR81GUNWYzhFx4iHIwjFIwYOjHtQUm-o8OxYC42-MwNkA

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why can't you hunt down Americans? For the same reason Americans can't hunt down you. Just saying.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Why can't you hunt down Americans? For the same reason Americans can't hunt down you. Just saying.
Exactly. There are far more Americans who hate politicians than politicians who hate Americans. The numbers are against him.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Trump must be from Jupiter because he just keeps getting more stupider. ( a play on a quote from my then seven year old grand daughter.) And as he gets stupider, Trump's support keeps peeling away, leaving only the meanest and stupid standing with him. And to quote another family member, my late Dad used to say that mean stupid is the worst kind of stupid.

As the bewilderment grows and the support evaporates we are going to see a lot more mean stupid. That bible stunt was about the stupidest thing anyone could imagine. I know I rail against my redneck far right fellow Kansans, but they are sincere: the first to help anyone stranded on the highway, homeless because of a disaster or sickness, regardless of race or religion; they also know the bible (something I do not, but a feat I marvel); they attend church with an awesome conviction, often travelling miles and miles over desolate, icy highways just to attend; they recognize bullies, all small town people do.

People are laughing about that bible.