Judicious June - 500 words a day editing / writing, all genres welcome

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Judicious because MTS; but also in the sense of exercising judgement. Much required as the world hurtles out of control.

Set goals, or not if right now that's not going to help you; log your progress here, or just cheer on others. It's all welcome. Oh, and that 500 words thing? Make that whatever you want.

Here's to just making it to July, hopefully in the same number of pieces you started.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
May was, miraculously - haha - not too bad for me. I got a decent chunk of editing done and this pass is coming along well.

The aim for June is, as it will be now until I get there, Finish The Damn Book (FTDB), but we'll see how that goes.

Best of luck, everyone!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Nice work, OSG!

I didn't finish The Vanishing in May, but I am within 10k of it, I think. Hopefully I can finish this month so I can use July to revise.

I also finished my short story and sent it off last night.

And I seriously need to get rid of this migraine I've had for the past 2 months. As of right now, my neurologist is still doing telephone/video visits, and I need to go in there for trigger point injections, so it's not looking good. But I am hoping something changes soon.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings to all,

OSG - Good luck on FTDB
Saoirse - Sorry to hear you about your migraines, hope you can get to the doctor soon.

As for me - Last month wasn't great, but it was certainly better than April. Worked out a few character arcs and began incorporating them in. Did some editing, both adding and subtracting content, and wound up with about 2k more words than I had at the beginning of the month. Goal for this month is to keep plugging away.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Hey gang,

apologies for the radio silence. I'm just about to rewrite This One Damned Chapter for the umpteenth time; beyond that, I reckon I'm about halfway through the edit. There was me hoping I'd be done by the end of this week... :p

Hope it's all going well for you. Good work on the poem, Saoirse! And hang in there, Zan.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Checking in,

How's everyone doing? Looks like everyone is making progress. Maybe not as much as we'd like, but it is progress :)

About two weeks into the month and I've added about 2k words. I'll see what next week has in store for me. Best wishes to you all.

Goshawk31

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just trying to take one step forward every day: writing or marketing or posting on AW so I can submit something for review some day! I figure it's all worthwhile.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'm about twelve steps further back than I'd like to be. A sync issue wiped all the edits I'd done since over a week ago, and turns out it managed to corrupt both my backup copies as well. Ironically, the plot in that chapter I will now once again have to re-write from scratch involves destroying backups. Turns out it doesn't require nefarious means.

Anyway, here's your regular PSA to save often, backup often, and ACTUALLY CHECK THE BACKUPS ARE WHAT YOU THINK THEY ARE AND THAT THEY WORK. Ahem.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
OSG - That sucks. Hopefully the setback turns into a positive when you look back over the experience, but it's definitely a punch to the gut right now.
Goshawk - Each step is progress, keep it up.

For me things are moving along at a steady pace. I'm not putting out crazy numbers, but the word count is growing and the story in moving on.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Glad to hear of your progress, Zan.

I've put the hours in this week and managed to get back to where I was before that issue. So I've lost one entire week. On the plus side, I can finally start moving forward again. And yes, I have a new backup regimen...

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Welcome Goshawk31! Every little bit counts, I always say.

OSG - I am so sorry that happened! That must have been devastating. I had an issue similar to that and lost edits as well. I do have a pretty extensive backup regimen but thanks for the reminder. I should probably do a check. And I am glad to see that you got back to where you were. That is a relief.

Zan - It all adds up. :) Good progress!

Still fighting these migraines, so my progress has been slow. I did finish The Vanishing. The climax needs major work, and the loose ends aren't tied up, but I usually handle that stuff in revision anyway. I put together an outline of the draft as it is now and have made notes. I will need to work a few things out before starting the revision.

I wrote several new poems, which is cool. I started a poetry instagram if anyone wants to follow me: @erinzpoetry.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
OSG - good to hear you're back on track
Saoirse - Congrats on The Vanishing. Hope you get some migraine relief soon

The last week or so has been slow in the writing area, but I managed to a get a couple hundred words down today. Hoping to get some more down the second half of this week.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
*explosion noises* I finished this pass of editing! So that's all the major structural stuff done. Now for the "embellishment" and "enriching" stage, as it were - a lot more fun.

Slow progress is still progress, Zan and Saoirse. Here's wishing you success for the rest of the month.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Congrats on finishing your edit pass, OSG!

Zan and Goshawk - And yes, any progress is progress in my book, no pun intended!

Had to switch gears to revising my short story for posting 7/1,so that's what I've been working on for the past few days. Then it's back to The Vanishing revision, hopefully actually starting.

Wrote a few more poems and posted them to my instagram.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Wrapped up another run of a chapter edit. Looks like I'll be finishing the month with about 3k new words added to the overall piece.