Quote Originally Posted by Woollybear View Post
In my view, a novel has so many components. One of the most important components in my opinion is that a compelling story should form the novel's basic skeleton. Something that feels true and important and resonant. That part is one of the toughest things to get right. A perfectly written story that has no actual 'story' is not a good story. Make sense?

Proofreading has nothing to do with the 'story' you are telling, and proofreading is another part of novel-writing but it is a smaller consideration, in terms of whether a novel is 'a good story' or not.

So, you may or may not need a lot of proofing (and other feedback). But what I'm trying to say is if you feel in your heart that your story matters--and would matter to others, or be enjoyed by others--then keep at it. (Or if you enjoy the process you are going through.) The proofreading is a technical chore, but can be managed. Having a story to tell in the first place is important. (Or enjoying the process.)

Those are my thoughts RN.
Indeed in my heart i think my novel will be loved and it's my goal finish it, however i can't help feel frustrated sometimes by the mistakes it can get