Dan Moren's The Aleph Extraction

AW is an Amazon Affiliate and an Amazon UK affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a
voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Information on Victorian Era Court Judges

Threaded View

practical experience, FTW vicky271's Avatar

Talking Information on Victorian Era Court Judges

I'm looking into possibly writing a set of novels set in the Victorian Era. As a result, I'm looking for information from ya'll or free online sources that detail information about the judge occupation. I was under the impression that certain court employees during this era were often in the Noble class. I could be wrong since I'm not an expert on Victorian Era (just started my research), but my goal is for the family to be in the Noble/Upper class. I thought researching a judge and the occupation as a whole would be a good start

I have done some basic research on the Victorian Era period, but I'm noticing that most sources touch on the same thing. I thought it appropriate to inquire about this topic since I've been unable to find an sources! Here are some questions I have:

1. My story is set in the Victorian period and my character's father is a judge. What kind of duties does he have?
    2. Are all judges part of the Noble class? Or is that a minimal few? Are they not part of this class?
    3. How often would a judge be home, and how often would he be at work?
    4. Are there different levels of judges? How does one get into this career?
    Last edited by vicky271; 06-01-2020 at 06:10 AM.
    Current Work of Fiction

The Farmer's Daughter (Stage: The Vomit Draft): When Amynta, her father and their caravan are attacked on route home after a fair, Amynta is thrown into a world of corrupt magic, deception and lies. She has to discover who killed her father before the guard find her.

Youtube Writing Account
    The Writer's Shelf/One Big Hot Mess

Blog
    The Writer's Shelf