Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uhhhhh...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/30/us-gun-owners-meme-feud

The Guardian said:
Gun owners are putting their metal where their manhoods are in a bizarre trend that sees men courting danger to prove how well they can manage a gun.

Those participating in the meme do so by pointing their gun at their genitals with the safety off, placing their finger over the trigger, and posting a photo of it on social media. And voilà, just like that – proof they are very manly.

It was first assumed that the gun owners were embracing the risky pose as a way of trolling progressives. The author and storyteller Dylan Park, who originally reposted the images in a viral tweet, summed that theory up as follows: “To everyone asking why, I’m not 100% sure. But I think the thinking here is ‘Guns don’t kill people, people with guns kill people so we’re going to point them at our dicks to prove how safe they are’ or something,” he said.

Meanwhile, satire curls up in a ball in the basement and dies of malnourishment. Thanks 2020, you brutal SOB.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
As someone who was a member of the Lil' NRA Junior Achievers (I don't recall what membership for 10 year olds was actually called) and had to sit through hours of boring courses & scolding before I could get near a firing range, I really just can't with these ammosexuals and their inability to handle a gun properly. Get a holster & don't rest your finger on the trigger, don't need to be Seal Team Six to know that.

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All I know is, as a wimpy liberal I feel nearly completely pwned by their staunch display of manliness. Now, if they'd actually pull those triggers... Well then, I'd feel utterly pwned forever.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
At this point, my reaction is, "Well, at least they're only pointing the guns at their own genitals..."

All I know is, as a wimpy liberal I feel nearly completely pwned by their staunch display of manliness. Now, if they'd actually pull those triggers... Well then, I'd feel utterly pwned forever.
Oh, yes! :ROFL::roll:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Uhhhhh...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/30/us-gun-owners-meme-feud

Meanwhile, satire curls up in a ball in the basement and dies of malnourishment. Thanks 2020, you brutal SOB.

Seriously. It's impossible for the Onion or Borowitz or any of the others to invent fake news stories or headlines that top what people are actually doing anymore.

I'd laugh, but this is just one more sign of the festering pathos that is eroding our society.

And you just know that at least a few will indeed shoot their manly bits off, earning themselves Darwin awards. Though the Darwin Awards can't possibly keep up with all the idiocy that is already going on right now in the age of Covid-19 and its denial.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Well with such small targets, that seems pretty safe to me.

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
Oh that would be awful, just awful.

Yes it is a terrible way to go. That's how NFL player Sean Taylor eventually died from being shot in the leg by burglars - they stopped the bleeding but it had caused irreversible brain damage.