Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
You certainly can. It just so happens there was a true crime case where armed robbers took customers and clerks down to the basement, made them drink Drano, and shot them in the back of the head. One survived. So what killed them? Either one. Because I also read a true account of a man who wanted to commit suicide via drinking Draino. After he got it down, he changed his mind, and called 911. EMS got to him in time. As it was the Drano ate his digestive system. Surgeons fashioned him another stomach and used part of his intestines to make an esophagus. Even so, he could never eat solid food again.

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
You certainly can. It just so happens there was a true crime case where armed robbers took customers and clerks down to the basement, made them drink Drano, and shot them in the back of the head. One survived. So what killed them? Either one. Because I also read a true account of a man who wanted to commit suicide via drinking Draino. After he got it down, he changed his mind, and called 911. EMS got to him in time. As it was the Drano ate his digestive system. Surgeons fashioned him another stomach and used part of his intestines to make an esophagus. Even so, he could never eat solid food again.
So, it takes awhile then? Hmmm, Long complicates things, but it could work.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
You certainly can. It just so happens there was a true crime case where armed robbers took customers and clerks down to the basement, made them drink Drano, and shot them in the back of the head. One survived.

Actually, if this is a reference to the Hi-Fi Murders, two of the victims survived. However, one of them was forced to swallow the Drano while the other one managed to discreetly spit it out. I read a true crime book about this which vividly describes the effects the Drano had, and the medical treatments (both short-term and long-term) to deal with those. I think the coroner estimated that swallowing Drano would eventually have killed the victims, but it could have taken up to twelve hours for that to happen, which is why the robbers ended up shooting their victims instead.

Last edited:

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Actually, if this is a reference to the Hi-Fi Murders, two of the victims survived. However, one of them was forced to swallow the Drano while the other one managed to discreetly spit it out. I read a true crime book about this which vividly describes the effects the Drano had, and the medical treatments (both short-term and long-term) to deal with those. I think the coroner estimated that swallowing Drano would eventually have killed the victims, but it could have taken up to twelve hours for that to happen, which is why the robbers ended up shooting their victims instead.
Yes, the Hi-Fi Murders. It's been decades since I read that book. I was remembering the boy. I don't recall the other survivor.

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, the Hi-Fi Murders. It's been decades since I read that book. I was remembering the boy. I don't recall the other survivor.

I just went down that rabbit hole. Wow. The other survivor was the father of the male employee who was murdered. He'd gone to the store when his son hadn't come home. He was the one who spat out the Drano but they also stabbed him through the ear.

All the Content Warnings - including rape: https://www.standard.net/forty-year...cle_229f91c1-95c5-5025-8401-2a44e9dc3895.html

Apparently the killers believed the Drano would be instant death from another movie, Maximum Force (1973). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Fi_murders

fyrefyghter33

Registered
Reaction score
It would be an extremely painful way to die.I work as a plumber and once upon a time earlier in my career i went to work on a sink and the customer failed to mention that they had used drano and i didn't use my long gloves and some of it got on my wrist. Lets's just i say it was all i could do not to swear in front of the customer. Several years later I still have the chemical burn scar on my wrist. I've never felt burning like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.