Share your Goals

Rupert24

Registered
Reaction score
Well after three months of quarantine and lockdown i'm still sane :p some people say it need some alcohol to stay sane but not me, well, just for fun but not to stay sane, in my case what keeps me dreaming and jumping like a rabbit every morning are the goals to become the best version of myself, a best man, a best friend, a best boyfriend, a best artist, a wise man, living the day with the hope that no matter what it happens, i can deal with everything, being able to talk with myself and discover old negative beliefs and being able to break them down to live a better life, free from the social conditioning and being able to help the others the best way i can

Those are my goals, what are yours? comment below and let's keep each other inspired and motivated in this hard times :)

buz

edits all posts at least four times
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want to photograph everything that moves

Last edited:

jjhoward

Purveyor of Words
Registered
Reaction score
I want to go back to a healthier lifestyle like I had been doing in 2017 when I lost 130lbs. Unfortunately, moving 8 hours away from my kids and 4-year-old granddaughter (who I raised for her first 3 years) impacted me far more than I expected. I didn't want to move but my wife lost her job and she is the one who got to stay in college and get the fancy degrees while I worked full-time to support us. The roles reversed a few years ago but then the company she worked for closed and we were forced to find a place that was hiring in her field. Over that time I developed PPPD (which is dizziness 24/7/365 with little to no breaks). It forced me into a position of staying at home which is why I started writing to avoid going crazy. Back where we lived I had a mapped area I walked every day that worked out really well and had a limited impact on my dizziness, but up here it's a very different story. I'd like to lose 80lbs more, but between depression and anxiety attacks on top of PTSD, and dizziness it has not been easy to make healthy choices. My bad on that one.

My other goal is to get the book I have been flushing out for nearly 18 months to finally be written in its entirety. I have so many scenes written out but getting them all incorporated into the big picture has been quite an ordeal. Since my book is Science Fiction and Dystopian I am nervous if it will even sell anymore. I love my story though, so I refuse to stop until it's complete and out there.

I also have a list of about 50 other stories that I want to tell if I can just get through this massive one first. I tried writing one of the others alongside my current work, a fable style, but it was just too much to live inside of two completely different worlds at the same time and I felt that my characters were paying the price for it. My stories are in all kinds of genres so I am not sure what to expect from an agent, editor, and publisher standpoint.

Rupert24

Registered
Reaction score
My other goal is to get the book I have been flushing out for nearly 18 months to finally be written in its entirety. I have so many scenes written out but getting them all incorporated into the big picture has been quite an ordeal. Since my book is Science Fiction and Dystopian I am nervous if it will even sell anymore. I love my story though, so I refuse to stop until it's complete and out there.

I also have a list of about 50 other stories that I want to tell if I can just get through this massive one first. I tried writing one of the others alongside my current work, a fable style, but it was just too much to live inside of two completely different worlds at the same time and I felt that my characters were paying the price for it. My stories are in all kinds of genres so I am not sure what to expect from an agent, editor, and publisher standpoint.

Never quit my friend, being nervous about selling or not, being successful or not in writing is totally normal, research your marketplace and put all the heart into it, i can assure you that readers will come :)

I want to go back to a healthier lifestyle like I had been doing in 2017 when I lost 130lbs. Unfortunately, moving 8 hours away from my kids and 4-year-old granddaughter (who I raised for her first 3 years) impacted me far more than I expected. I didn't want to move but my wife lost her job and she is the one who got to stay in college and get the fancy degrees while I worked full-time to support us. The roles reversed a few years ago but then the company she worked for closed and we were forced to find a place that was hiring in her field. Over that time I developed PPPD (which is dizziness 24/7/365 with little to no breaks). It forced me into a position of staying at home which is why I started writing to avoid going crazy. Back where we lived I had a mapped area I walked every day that worked out really well and had a limited impact on my dizziness, but up here it's a very different story. I'd like to lose 80lbs more, but between depression and anxiety attacks on top of PTSD, and dizziness it has not been easy to make healthy choices. My bad on that one.

Well sorry for hear that my friend i can't imagine how hard it can be your situation, however as someone who has lived with anxiety and depression almost the entire time i can say that never lose the hope and never give up, there's always a way to win. What i tried and works so good is meditation, it helps you not only to calm the anxiety but allows you to understand your feelings, clears your mind and it allows you to make the best possible choices. In fact it helped me to understand why i always had anxiety and depression and well, it lead to a large string of limitant beliefs and bad experiences since the childhood but once i understood everything, i live a better life, maybe you could give it a try :)

TheMontess

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! Major respect to everyone sharing your goals. I know you can do it!

Personally, I had a baby 10 months ago and I'm still finding my feet. I quit full-time employment to be self-employed back in 2018, but there have been some snags in that plan. I'm launching a new business next week and I'm really looking forward to contributing financially to the family again. I want to earn at least £1000 a month because that will cover the shortfall in our income and pay for our baby to attend her lovely nursery two days a week (when we all go back from coronavirus craziness...)

In writing terms, I'm dusting off my part-finished manuscript and want to get the next section finished by August.

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, we live in interesting times. Although at the moment I'm binge-watching Call the Midwife (BBC series) so really that's showing me just how much I have and how lucky I am. It's also very interesting because it's London as it was when my parents were children (they're from London, not the exact same part but not far off). Plus it's the early days of the NHS and it's good to remember the NHS when we're in the middle of a pandemic.

Anyway, that aside, I'm working full time from home - key worker in the financial sector. So I'm really lucky and grateful that I have a job during these times. It's proving challenging as a single parent to do that and supervise my kids' home education. The schools have been very supportive. I haven't really had much extra time for doing creative projects apart from this week as I'm on holiday. Lots of people say "how do you go on holiday when you're in lockdown and working from home?" - well for me it's not having to get up at silly o'clock in the morning to underwrite mortgage applications. I get to work on my creative projects instead. I've made a lot of progress on one of my WIPs this week, the one set 40,000 years ago.

So no particular goals during lockdown apart from to keep calm and carry on, lol. And I'm very extremely thankful that I've got a job. And that we have the NHS.

Also my kids have decided that I have to watch the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe. So far we're on Ant Man.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
My big goal for lockdown is to help my kid maintain her mental health. My secondary goal is to help myself and Spouse do the same. :)

Anything beyond that is a bonus, really.

I have some revisions to finish, and I'm trying to stay on a fairly rigid schedule book-wise. I have a crit to do for one of my crit partners, and another I'm hoping to get in the next month or so. Somehow it's easier to do things for others! But I also have a new MS to get back to. It won't be ready by October, as I'd hoped, but I might have it polished by early next year if I don't get derailed.

Stretch goal is to get back to a regular exercise regimen, but I'm still healing from a foot injury, so we'll see.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out how to keep my house clean.

Drascus

Registered
Reaction score
Macro Goals: Finish the (hopefully) last revision of my MS to give it a rocking start and query that sucker out. Finish a first draft of my next novel by the end of September.

Micro Goals: Eat better. Get my 9 year old to bathe. :D

Abbeysroadlesstaken

Registered
Reaction score
As much as I abhor schedules and structure, I live so much easier with them in place. My limited routine has been knocked off course in the past months, so I've been trying to have my own routine. I've been battling feelings of inadequcy surrounding my writing for the past year, I've been jumping back in this month and writing every day. I'm grateful for the flow. I got to the point where I just don't care if I'm not as good as I want to be because the only way to get better is to go through the desert and emerge stronger. I'm also trying to eat healthier, the french fries today were a splurge.