Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Got bit by a plot bug earlier last week, but I don't even know if it's feasible.

Could tattoo ink be laced with a toxin like thallium or selenium and, if the tattoo piece was big enough, cause the death of its wearer? I'm figuring the murderer wouldn't want to taint his/her needles with Hepatitis because of Standards (no reputable tattoo artist wants to be accused of being unhygienic, after all ;))

I know those two particular elements can be absorbed by the human body and have been used in murders before, sadly enough -- but is this method even possible in this set-up?

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking that, given that people have been killed by a single pellet of ricin jammed into the skin, and that thallium and selenium kill over time, so it's not like the victim would drop dead in the shop, this would be possible.
As long as you can get thallium, etc, thin enough to go through a tattoo needle, you should be good.

The only things I know about tattooing I've seen on InkMaster, but I don't know that it would have to be a very big tattoo. When they make a tattoo a dark/solid colour, they go over one spot, time after time, building up the colour. And, adding whatever poison you want to include.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Thallium nitrate is readily soluble in water

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Slow death was what I wanted anyways, Frimble. And my victim's gonna have a shaved head/be bald, so no obvious hair loss to tip him off.

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heck, about forty years ago, a friend of my sister's got hepatitis from a dirty tattoo needle and nearly died. Doesn't even need to be sinister, just careless.

Jeff

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And the confusion of victim mentioning his tattoo was new would send the authorities looking for hepatitis or similar, rather than thinking of rare poisons.
Also, check with at tattooist, but I'll bet they change their needles frequently, so the used one could easily be hidden or disposed of. (Judging by my insulin needles, going in and out of the skin is wearing on metal.)

Status
Not open for further replies.