Writing Confidence - Being Yourself

Drascus

Registered
Reaction score
I work for a very conservative company. It seems like I have always worked for a very conservative company. I'm some degree of non-binary, but I look very male because of the environment I have to go to 5 days a week. I don't even know how non-binary I am because it's really hard for me to explore.

Making the decision that publishing is really want I want to do, writing is what I NEED to do, has been immensely freeing. I know it could take 10 years, and I'm fine with that. I have contingency plans for getting to somewhere with a lower cost of living, because I don't expect to make a lot of money.

What I don't have to worry about any more is climbing the corporate ladder. That's not my goal anymore.

Yesterday I asked my boss if there was anything in our dress code forbidding male supervisors from wearing nail polish.

Today I am wearing a cheap, convenience store brand of polish in the color, "Steely Gaze".

I feel fantastic!

Just wanted to share, because life is rough when you work 9-5 and don't fit in a box. Chasing your dreams is hard, and risky, but some of the intangible payoffs are worth every bit. :)

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! :e2flowers

When it comes to cheap convenience store brand of nail polish, I always like Sally Hansen.

Drascus

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! :e2flowers

When it comes to cheap convenience store brand of nail polish, I always like Sally Hansen.

Thank you! It's amazing how much more I feel like myself.

I'll look up Sally Hansen. I have so much to learn about wonderfully tacky nail polish. :D

Goshawk31

Registered
Reaction score
"Steely Gaze'??? Good for you! And yeah, chasing your dreams is hard but it sure beats lying to yourself.