Problems staying signed in during a session . . .

ironmikezero

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
If I'm signed in to the board for a session, I'm booted out within a couple of minutes (really--two or three minutes), no matter if I'm just perusing posts or tying to answer a member's question. It's been somewhat like this since the board came back online, but lately it's gotten more irritating in that the time factor is diminishing (down to about 90 seconds). I can't find anything amiss on my end. Is anyone else experiencing this issue, or something similar?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
You need to log off
Clear cache and cookies
Completely quit your browser, closing all windows and tabs
Log back on
*click the tiny box that says Remember Me

There's an issue with the way forums cookies get stale; while it's a PITA to do, this will help. Honest.

Last edited:

ironmikezero

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Done, as recommended . . . Things are still slow, although that's to be expected with the overall increase in shared bandwidth (quarantined & home-bound users, etc.), but I've not been bumped put yet. Yay! So, I guess we'll see. Thanks!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Done, as recommended . . . Things are still slow, although that's to be expected with the overall increase in shared bandwidth (quarantined & home-bound users, etc.), but I've not been bumped put yet. Yay! So, I guess we'll see. Thanks!

The speed has to do with general bandwidth issues at the backbone level because of all the streaming, but, we're still dealing with excessively large bot networks as fallout from the DDOS attacks.

So the security apps will add a delay as they check traffic and approve or deny a request.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
I am sure this is excellent advice on the part of the mods, however, as I have been using a Macbook and I am all at sea in doing simple tasks (windows platform no probs) like that, I found that logging back in and ticking the remember me box did the trick.