Well, at least he isn't drinking bleach, right?

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Never let it be said that the great, brooding presence in the Oval Office isn't willing to experiment on himself. Evidently, he's been taking hydroxychloroquine for the past week and a half, in spite of their being zero evidence it does any good at treating or preventing Covid-19 and their being ample evidence of its risks. It's not mainlining bleach or disinfectants, at least, but this is still a rather terrible example to set, given that at least one person has already killed themselves taking a form of this drug with no medical supervision at all.

https://www.politico.com/

The president made the stunning announcement during a roundtable with restaurant executives, dismissing those studies and instead invoking anecdotal evidence that he claimed to have heard from doctors and other front-line medical workers.

Trump told reporters that he’d been taking hydroxychloroquine daily for the past week and a half, along with a daily dose of zinc and an initial dose of the antibiotic azithromycin, a combination that has been linked to increased incidences of cardiac arrest.

The timing coincides with the first pair of coronavirus cases in the West Wing — on May 7, the president’s personal valet tested positive for coronavirus, and just days later Vice President Mike Pence’s top spokesperson tested positive, as well.

So will he develop cardiac problems? Lose his vision? Or will he suffer no consequences for his idiocy, as so often seems to be the case?

And the timing really is curious, isn't it? Almost as if he's scared of getting the disease (or possibly has symptoms) and desperately grasping at straws.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think he has even a nodding acquaintance with the truth and I don't believe a word of it. His claim is yet another attempted distraction from COVID-19 death totals and the news of the firing of Linick—you'll note how quickly the media jumped all over his "news". (They have the attention span of fleas.)

Trump supporters are jumping all over Neil Cavuto (FOX) who went on-air—citing various studies including the VA study—right after Trump's announcement and told people in high-risk populations, "Don't take it; you will die." Then he reiterated, "You. will. die."

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ahh, but if he's not taking it and saying he is, and he doesn't get Covid-19, or of he gets it and recovers, he will say it's because of this drug.

So those who hang on his every word will demand it.

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
Yeah, I'm not buying that he's taking it. It's not proprietary--the stuff is old as the hills and widely available as a generic, so I don't expect he has any buddies wanting to make a buck off it. I think he still expects there's a magic bullet out there for it, and this was the first one that popped up as a potential one, even if it has since been disproved, and it stuck in his head. But I was just about to breathe a sigh of relief that it had fallen off the radar because I'll need to renew my prescription for it shortly (for RA), and now there will probably be another run on it. Sigh.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Pics or it didn't happen. Really.

My guess? He still has "friends" with money in the drug. Also, he hates to be wrong.

+1

Though as motive, I'd add that sometimes it seems he undermines actual science and research out of sheer spite; there have been (very early, very tentative) hints of hope with other treatments that he didn't prematurely tout on national TV, so of course he has to muddy the water and splash around screaming "Look at me! Look back at me!"...

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com

musicblind

May Cause Damage
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think he's actually taking it.

He wants to distract from having randomly fired another Inspector General, and he wants us to ignore the recent revelations out of Pensacola. If we forget about his bungling of the worst health crisis since HIV, all the better.

Trump has NPD; he is acting like someone with NPD.

Sadly, his supporters will believe him without question.

Last edited:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I suspect he is taking it because he knows some of the people around him have tested positive and it has suddenly dawned on him that he could get it.

Meemossis

Registered
Reaction score
He isn't taking it, you could tell he was lying from the way he said it.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Trump. Testing the combination of Sudafed and hydroxychloroquine.

It's all for science.

-cb

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Don't forget the one dose of Zithromycin, too. The company who make it had to take to Twitter yesterday to clarify how it must be used, that it isn't a one-does thing. I can't find the tweet now because it's absolutely buried in the pyroclastic flow of anti-vax BS, mis/disinformation, and my-mom-went-from-nearly-dead-to-100%-healed-after-72-hours-with-HQC+Zithromax+Zinc-call-me-I'll-hook-you-up tweets.

We're doomed.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Another vote for Trump lying about taking that drug.

The Orange Wonder is fine with risking the health of others. His own? Not so much, I think. Fauci and other docs are at the WH to tell him how unwise that would be. I can well believe he wants to push the drug, because in doing so, he will derive financial rewards, or rewards of influence.

I got as far as "morbidly obese" in that twitter post and laughed out loud. Pelosi seems to know the buttons to push. Dear Leader must be having a conniption.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I don't buy it either. But what's even real anymore? Maybe he's chugging the stuff and his lots-to-love body is perfectly optimized to turn it into life-giving covfefe. Nothing is implausible, everything is stupid.

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently the drug is especially dangerous for someone with a heart condition, which he supposedly has. Though personally I doubt he has a heart at all, or a brain - President Tin Scarecrow?

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently the drug is especially dangerous for someone with a heart condition, which he supposedly has. Though personally I doubt he has a heart at all, or a brain - President Tin Scarecrow?

He doesn't have any courage either. So really President Tin Scarecrow Cowardly Lion. I would compare him more to the Wizard. All smoke and mirrors and a balloon full of hot air.

Last edited:

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
BTW, I'm generally a fan of the Speaker and enjoy her shade game immensely, but I'm not feeling the 'morbidly obese' comment. Not clutching my pearls over it either.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I suspect he is taking it because he knows some of the people around him have tested positive and it has suddenly dawned on him that he could get it.

I was sort of thinking along these lines too. Plus he's a complete moron, and his personal physician has always behaved like the penultimate "yes man." I think he's the kind of person who believes his own lies.

At this point, I wouldn't be all that surprised to learn #45 gargles lysol or something. After all, it wasn't all that long ago when the company recommended it for some rather alarming purposes.

Last edited: