• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

P.N. Elrod is paying it forward on weekends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha

railroad

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone partaken of this generous offer?

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
I've hired her in the past. Others on the boards have as well. She gets feedback to you on schedule, offers resources, and provides what she promises.

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've hired her in the past. Others on the boards have as well. She gets feedback to you on schedule, offers resources, and provides what she promises.

Her reqs make it sound like she wants print, not email. Or are those reqs just to keep folks into proper five pages?

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
You don't need to print it; I hired her for a fifty page edit (or three chapters) and sent a Word document to her specifications, attached to the email.

If you want feedback toward trade publishing and so on, it's worth your investment. I wanted to make sure I had done due diligence in every possible way before going SP. So... if you are writing niche, like me, some of her feedback might not apply. But also, you may or may not be destined for trade. I needed to find my path.

In other words, P.N.Elrod is very clear about what she provides, and it is toward traditional models of success. She also provides why she is well-positioned to provide this, based on her experience. Having worked with her, I can say she is forthright and unsurprisingly candid.

Your job is to decide if feedback toward success (along the trade route) is what you need, in order to realize your writerly vision. There are other editorial styles, after all. Lots, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.