• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a beta reader for my dirty rom com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meemossis

Registered
Reaction score
If you want to read it and give me some feedback, I would be more than grateful. All the information about the book is below. If you want to know more about it, then please just ask.

It's a 60k romantic comedy with some mature scenes.

It has adult language as well as northern English slang.

There's also a murder. So this is a trigger warning if you have trouble reading about that kind of thing.

Blurb (still working on this bit)

After the world's worst blind date imaginable, Claire Dixon simply gives up on dating. That doesn't mean she wants to live a life of celibacy, but just get rid of all human contact altogether.

So, when her best mates get her a little tipsy and pop in an old movie, it gives Claire an idea.

It surprises her to find out internet chat rooms are still a thing and the perfect place to hide her imperfect body. She can be anyone she wants, look like anyone she wants, and it doesn't matter because they're never going to see her. Or will they?

Kerry56

Registered
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot, though I'm unlikely to understand Northern English slang well enough to help with that part. I tend to notice awkward phrases and passages that are difficult to read or understand, but I can't say that I'll spot all your grammatical errors. If they jump out at me I'll take note of them.

What else do you want in particular? I'll tell you if it catches my interest quickly, and if it bogs down, but I may not have solutions.

Overall tone...blunt honesty? Or diplomatic?

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
How about we take it one chapter at a time? I'm likely to respond to a chapter, but 60K is likely to get lost. PM me what you want read.

Meemossis

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, thanks to both of you for your interest in beta reading for me. However, I've just had some feedback, and I plan on doing a bit of an overhaul. If you like I can get back to you when I've sorted it out. I don't want you critiquing something that's going to change.

Kerry56

Registered
Reaction score
Ok. Send a PM if you still want a test reader.

Meemossis

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I certainly will be reaching out.

janeofalltrades

Registered
Reaction score
If you still need a reader/want more readers, let me know - this sounds delightful!

Status
Not open for further replies.