Howard Stern to Trump supporters: "He hates you."

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-howard-stern-trump-hates-supporters-20200512-k3z6fmgqgbbtxjsyocj46mtvse-story.html

NY Daily News said:
Howard Stern says he and President Trump are both showmen who love a good time — and they both hate Trump supporters.

“One thing Donald loves is celebrities, he loves the famous,” Stern said on his SiriusXM show Tuesday. “He loves it. He loves to be in the mix.”

Stern, 66, hosted Trump on his radio show several times over the years and frequently saw him at social events, including the shock jock’s 2008 wedding, where he seated the then-future president next to Joan Rivers. According to Stern, Trump went anywhere famous people would be and is suffering now that Hollywood has turned its back on him. He likened the president’s predicament to an episode of “The Twilight Zone.”

“The oddity in all of this is the people Trump despises most, love him the most,” Stern said. “The people who are voting for Trump for the most part... he wouldn’t even let them in a f---ing hotel. He’d be disgusted by them. Go to Mar-a-Lago, see if there’s any people who look like you. I’m talking to you in the audience.”

Stern reflected on his own foray into politics, a brief gubernatorial run in 1994, and seemed to understand why Trump liked the idea of campaigning for office. But according to Stern, like himself, Trump isn’t cut out for running a government and the president’s supporters— many of whom are also Stern fans — are to blame for the country’s troubles.

“I don’t hate Donald,” Stern said. “I hate you for voting for him, for not having intelligence.”

I'm not a Stern fan, but this seems pretty spot-on to me.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I have little regard for Howard Stern, but he made the call there. I suppose it's a case of "takes one to know one"?

Though it's not uncommon for celebrities to have contempt for their core fanship.

I kind of hate both Stern and Trump, though, for embracing celebrity by encouraging these people they secretly (or not so secretly in Stern's case) hate to be even more awful.

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Stern has done a pretty admirable job over the last few years of becoming more reasonable and kinda saying good stuff as society becomes a toilet. Unlike a lot of other cringe pioneers, he's taken the path of not doubling down and instead seems to realize he's had an impact and wants to do something good with it now.

So we should all be more like Howard Stern, I guess. He's a bit weird too because he's someone who's become less politically independent as he's aged, going from a libertarian 'both sides are bozos' type who messed with the Reform Party to your boring normie Democrat. Tbh I have days through where boring normie Democrats feel like one of the most deplored creatures on the planet, so maybe he sees some low-key shock value there.

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
It may be, too, that Howard Stern recognizes that what is entertaining, and sometimes useful, in small doses, as a 'shock-jock' is horrifyingly unsuitable in the leader of a county.
He knows how and why he thinks up the things he says. He's the one to know if those should be the thought processes of a man in charge of a nation.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Stern has done a pretty admirable job over the last few years of becoming more reasonable and kinda saying good stuff as society becomes a toilet. Unlike a lot of other cringe pioneers, he's taken the path of not doubling down and instead seems to realize he's had an impact and wants to do something good with it now.

So we should all be more like Howard Stern, I guess. He's a bit weird too because he's someone who's become less politically independent as he's aged, going from a libertarian 'both sides are bozos' type who messed with the Reform Party to your boring normie Democrat. Tbh I have days through where boring normie Democrats feel like one of the most deplored creatures on the planet, so maybe he sees some low-key shock value there.

It would be nice if more people would admit to the role they've played in creating, or at the very least encouraging, a monster. Sometimes I despair that this monster is too huge and radioactive by now for us to do anything but run and hide while it stomps all over our country and stuffs cars, buildings and people into its gaping maw.