Glad to be here

TashaWinter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aufanderenseiten.blog
Hello!

I'm really happy I found this board, because I love the exchange with other writers. Writing is what I love the most. At the moment I'm working on a manuscript for a Fantasy novel. I have also written a Young adult crime novel. Those ware the two genres that interest me most at the moment so I also read a lot of that. I also like reading Thrillers and contemporary novels from all over the world. Classics are another passion of mine and I'm an admirer of Jane Austen and Oscar Wilde.
I have always loved writing and I started to publish fanfiction at the age of twenty. I still enjoy writing it.
I like to beta-read, as I feel I can learn a lot from that as well.
My hobbies include trekking and Yoga and going to the theatre. I'm from Germany, 39 years old and work as a teacher for German, Drama and English at a school that also teaches kids with physical and mental disabilities.
There are so many interesting threads on this board and I'm looking forward to reading and writing.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try

Busy_Sample

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Tasha! You just took me back in time. The book I've been struggling to write for three years started as fan fiction, then I was like, wait....I like my characters and they're not exactly the same as these. Quick, change their names, put them in a different environment, different clothes, poof! My main character came to my head. Wow, I had totally forgotten that until now. Anyway, welcome to the boards. It's been an interesting couple of days just trying to navigate them for me :)

TashaWinter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aufanderenseiten.blog
Hello! That's a great story. I still think fanfiction ist a great way of exploring a story and seeing different sides to it. O've finished two other original manuscripts before this one, but I still enjoy writing fanfiction every now and then if a book, series or movie fascinates me.
True, it's a strange time right now and I think writing is a great coping mechanism :D

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You'll find a whole lot of AW people started with fan fiction, and many write it still. Just sayin'...

Anyway, glad to have you join us. Welcome!

Maryn, hiding by writing

Raul_Sterling

Registered
Reaction score
North of the Alps, south of the North Pole
Hello!

Nice to see that there are other writers here who don't have English as their first language.

Do you also feel terrified of making grammatical errors when posting on these boards with all these expert native speakers around? =)