Dona's Self Publishing Journey

Dona St Columb

Registered
Reaction score
Well, a little later than planned but I did it! My book is finally out there in the world :partyguy: I self-published my first novel through KDP on 28th March and at the minute I've gone with being exclusive to Amazon and enrolled in KU. My sales have been very low-key and I can pinpoint the majority of them to family / friends / friends-of-friends or twitter followers but I'm still incredibly grateful for each and every one of them. I had a virtual release party on twitter and that was a lot of fun and I got so much support, it was really wonderful.

It's been a long slog getting to this point, so it seems wild that this is only the beginning of my journey but I know that it's true! I'm planning another full-length novel release in October and - all being well - a spin-off novella in time for Christmas. My first book is a modern Gothic romance / romantic suspense but these next two are contemporary holiday romances, so not the same niche but the same genre. I also write YA fantasy, but it's not my intention to self-publish in that genre.

I'll try to figure out how to add my book cover to my signature but in the meantime, here's the link to it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08681G6LN/?tag=absowrit-21

Kerry56

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. I published my first one about a month ahead of you, mostly for the satisfaction of seeing it in the world and not just on my computer or in the hands of a few friends and test readers. I know you must feel happy to see your creation out there too.

Good luck on your future work.

sandree

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Dona! It is a huge accomplishment. So much work, time and energy goes into it.