My Cover!

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Awww...I like the front. On the back, though, the white bubbles remind me of speech bubbles in a comic book. Not sure if that's what you intended for.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
It's cute, definitely MG style art. I know you said you're dead-set on the front, but knowing what I know about your characters, I'd like there to be something to suggest the fantastical elements of it. You've got white space there to work with. Could you add an alligator on there somewhere, or at least an alligator tail on Barney? I agree with Starry that the bubbles are very speech bubbly, but there's a lot of white space in them. They also don't look centered. Basically I'd recommend trying to clean up some of the white space.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also a vote for putting something more intriguing on the front than a wrench.

I love the story blurb.

I might change "getting closer to" to something else. That to me suggests a romantic relationship. Could just be me.

I'd go for something more like "wants a closer friendship".

I also don't like the bubbles but mostly because the separation is too long between them. No need to separate the sentence. Take it out? Put the whole thing at the bottom without the bubbles?

Just some ideas.

Did I tell you I love the story blurb? :D

Last edited:

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Thanks for all the good things you guys have said. :D

So what should I do with the white bubbles? Change their shape or color? I guess I could put the tagline in one space at the top but what would I do with the bottom? I'm not at all artistic so I need all the help I can get.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Move the blurb down and don't put anything else at the bottom. Put what's in the bubbles at the top.

Or move the blurb up and put what's in the bubbles at the bottom.

Drop the bubbles, there are other ways present your text block. Is there anything that goes with the story? A letter, a scroll, a tattered paper with a written message.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Move the blurb down and don't put anything else at the bottom. Put what's in the bubbles at the top.

Or move the blurb up and put what's in the bubbles at the bottom.

Drop the bubbles, there are other ways present your text block. Is there anything that goes with the story? A letter, a scroll, a tattered paper with a written message.

OH! Good idea. I could do a blue print because they use them to plan out inventions.