Chromebook Not Working Right

BigJ1

Registered
Reaction score
Just needed a place to vent about this. I've had minor struggles with my Chromebook since I really started going hard with my writing and writing video careers. But this is an all time low. Yesterday, google docs randomly decided to replace my book with an old version (I figured out how to recover it from old downloads after a minor heart attack) and for some reason, my video editor just doesn't work anymore.

After a full year of using Kinemaster with minimal difficulties, I suddenly can't export videos. I lost two weeks worth of work because of this, and it appears as though I can't use the program anymore. I've been able to export videos with multiple animations, layers, and special effects in the past. I loved making videos. I felt like I was really helping people, with the feedback I'd get in comments. But now, suddenly, my Chromebook will not export them. I tried multiple other editing programs, as well as troubleshooting Kinemaster with the software support team. Nothing will work. After having a minor meltdown, I settled on recording/editing with my phone from now on. Not really happy with that, since I was super used to my DSLR and laptiop

Sorry, just needed to get that out!

stephenf

Registered
Reaction score
I have had problem with Chromebook. Some problems can be fixed just by logging out , and logging back in . The other problem with Chromebook is the machines don't have much memory . Most things are stored in the cloud ,that will become full . Chrome will offer to increase the memory, if you pay for it . You can just delete stuff that is unimportant.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
The Chromebook doesn't have a lot of built-in storage; how much space is empty/unusued on yours?

How much space is available on your Google Drive?

Have you completely shut down and restarted?

Are you running the lastest updates of the Chrome OS?