COVID-19 | Coronavirus May 2020

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have an job interview today for a position in another essential company that has a tiny staff, solid social distancing practices, no contact with the general public, and a lot more pay. Wish me luck.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everybody! Sadly, as I walked into the building (after a 35 minute drive) they were calling me to tell me that the guy interviewing me had to leave to tend to an emergency. We'll have to reschedule. I got to meet everybody else (two other guys) and they showed me around. I want that job. It's a technical sales position that I'm very well qualified for. It's a mammoth building, so social distancing isn't a problem there. I must say it was weird going into a job interview wearing a mask. There's a lovely cottage for rent just a few miles away and my lease is up next month.

So, it's back to the tire shine mines for me on Sunday, but there's hope.

Anyway, back to the thread...

Last edited:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, Diana, good luck once you get to do your interview. Sounds like a great place for you.

My test came back negative! Work continues to be cautious, & I need 3 days of no symptoms before coming back. I had a headache (outside my headache cycle) this morning so I’m checking in again on Sunday.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I got to meet everybody else (two other guys) and they showed me around. I want that job. It's a technical sales position that I'm very well qualified for.
Seems to me that this is a good sign - they wouldn't have bothered letting you have a tour, and talk to potential co-workers, etc. unless they figured you were a likely candidate. No sense letting their employees get distracted for no reason.
It'll be hard to wait until next week, but good luck!

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Aw, Diana, good luck once you get to do your interview. Sounds like a great place for you.

My test came back negative! Work continues to be cautious, & I need 3 days of no symptoms before coming back. I had a headache (outside my headache cycle) this morning so I’m checking in again on Sunday.

That's great news about the negative result. Take care and I hope you feel better soon!

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And while those idiots with assault phalluses are protesting their state capitals, governors are using the national guard and state police to guard tests they have imported from South Korea from federal government seizure.

Wow! Just wow!

The Hill: Maryland governor says coronavirus tests acquired from South Korea under guard at undisclosed location
“We spent about 22 days and nights dealing with this whole transaction with Korea. We dealt with the Korean Embassy, folks at the State Department ... and our scientists on both sides trying to, you know, figure out these tests,” Hogan said, adding that he also coordinated with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

“And then at the last moment, I think 24 hours before, we got the sign-off from the FDA and Border and Customs, to try to make sure that we landed this plane safely," he continued.

Hogan said state officials ensured the plane landed at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport rather than Dulles International Airport in Virginia, noting that it was the first time a Korean Air passenger plane had landed at the airport.

“We landed it there with a large contingent of Maryland National Guard and Maryland State Police, because this was an enormously valuable payload. It was like Fort Knox to us, because it’s going to save the lives of thousands of our citizens,” Hogan continued.

COLORADO PURCHASED 100K COVID-19 TESTS FROM SOUTH KOREA AND 'KEPT IT UNDER WRAPS' TO AVOID FEDS SEIZURE, SAYS GOVERNOR
Colorado Governor Jared Polis did not announce that the state recently received over 100,000 coronavirus test kits from South Korea over fears that federal authorities could seize them.

Multiple instances of feds seizing state supplies of tests and personal protective equipment have been reported since the COVID-19 pandemic began. Polis said on Friday that Colorado kept their latest shipment hidden because the state did not want to lose the tests to "the competition."

"We were worried that the federal government or somebody else would take them," the governor told Colorado Public Radio. "We kept it under wraps. We simply didn't know if anybody would swoop in... I mean, we didn't want another state or the feds or anybody."

"We don't want to give the competition, which could mean other countries, could mean our own country, could mean other states—we don't want to give them a heads up of what we're doing," he added.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
We are glad that our planeload of supplies being 'redirected' could at least serve as a heads-up to some of our neighbours to the south to watch out for internal poachers.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And while those idiots with assault phalluses are protesting their state capitals, governors are using the national guard and state police to guard tests they have imported from South Korea from federal government seizure.

Wow! Just wow!

The Hill: Maryland governor says coronavirus tests acquired from South Korea under guard at undisclosed location

COLORADO PURCHASED 100K COVID-19 TESTS FROM SOUTH KOREA AND 'KEPT IT UNDER WRAPS' TO AVOID FEDS SEIZURE, SAYS GOVERNOR

Whatever happened to that United States thing?

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Well you know, two steps forward one big step back.

We have a long way to go to get past this mess. Most people are generally good, that's what I believe anyway. But some very bad people have too much power here at the moment. It won't last forever.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the well-wishes in my reps and the thread, guys! Believe me when I say that my symptoms were mild enough that I would normally not have dreamed of taking a day off (much less a week), but I appreciate that you were thinking of me :e2grouphu

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. I'm coming down with something. Sore throat, a cough, and fatigue... nothing too miserable. I miss the days when I could just assume it was a minor cold. My roommate, though, is high risk, so I have to proceed as if it's covid, just in case. I'm sequestering myself in the bedroom until I see how it pans out. *crosses fingers* No fever, no fever, no fever...

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And I'm back to work, leaving in an hour. I'm not stressed anymore. All things happen as they happen. I'll be as careful as I can. Hopefully, I'll have another, safer job in a few weeks. Have a great day everyone. Be safe. I'm off to sell the essential tire shine.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
No fever, no fever, no fever...

I'm chanting with you.

The chanting worked! (That, and my boyfriend's homemade chicken soup). Must have been some 24 hour bug, because I woke up this morning feeling 1000 times better. This is the first time I've been ill since the outbreak began, and I was NOT prepared for the associated anxiety. I was literally thinking, "I skipped the treadmill and walked in the park last weekend, and now I have a sore throat; who should get the various pets if I die?" Sheesh. Thanks for the moral support!

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com

These protesters are nothing if not internally inconsistent. They're for states rights, except when they are whining for the Feds to undermine their governors' orders, and they're all about flag-waving patriotism, except when they hate government. Then they're all about hating "big government" and big on bootstrapping, except when they're whining that the Feds give more help to the big cities and ignore the rural areas.

I think some people simply aren't "happy" unless they have something to be angry about.

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And let's not forget, a few hundred people look like a big crowd from the right camera angle.

#TheRealFakeDistortedNews

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
These protesters are nothing if not internally inconsistent. They're for states rights, except when they are whining for the Feds to undermine their governors' orders, and they're all about flag-waving patriotism, except when they hate government. Then they're all about hating "big government" and big on bootstrapping, except when they're whining that the Feds give more help to the big cities and ignore the rural areas.

I think some people simply aren't "happy" unless they have something to be angry about.

I think many of the protests in this case are astroturf. The DeVos family and other rightwing billionaires are happy to pay useful idiots to clamor for the “right” to force poor workers to continue earning profits for billionaires.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I think many of the protests in this case are astroturf.

Blue in the face arguing this to just about everyone social distancing allow me to talk to. At least with the Huntington Beach protestors I know damn well who they are, and it's the same small ultra-right clique who have been showing up for everything since desegregation started.

Last edited: