Looking for futuristic paranormal Ya books.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Basically what the title says. I'm having a hard time finding books like mine and maybe if I do it could help me find an agent. Basically I'm looking for anything paranormal that takes place in the future (doesn't matter how far in the future). Published recently (within the few years would help).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Elle.

Registered
Reaction score
For query comp titles you don't have to find something exactly like yours which combines all the same elements. You mentioned your book is futuristic paranormal YA so you can use a title that has a similar paranormal element (but not set in the future) and a book with a similar world (but no paranormal elements).

Unfortunately YA and paranormal are not genres and categories I read a lot of so I can't help further, I'm afraid.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
FWIW, your query sounds a bit more urban fantasy to me than paranormal. I'm also not a big YA reader, so I can't help with titles, but you might look into YA UF and see if it seems closer.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
When I queried my 1st book (It came out in '13.), it was lumped-in with Dystopian, but I never saw it that way. To me it was a near-future post-apocalyptic, but do to the creatures in the book, some agents / editors considered it Paranormal. It might fit what you're looking for. Check the first chapters on Amazon and see if it fits.

"Arclight" by "Josin L McQuein"

Beyond that, your best bet is to find a long-running series that either extends to the future, or involves time-travel alongside a paranormal element. YA tends to like to pigeon-hole books for shelving purposes, so even if one has elements of both genres, it's hard to find that from a blurb.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
I emailed my editor, and she said it was straight up fantasy. Which is strange because I don't read or write fantasy. I think I might go back to urban fantasy? But I'm not sure.

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone.