Share your dreams

Ruby Road

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gheltebridle.wixsite.com
Hi all. I think being stuck at home the past few weeks has been making me have bizarre dreams. I didn't dream as much since I started school in fall. But now I'm having lots of dreams again.

I dreamed last week that there was a massive bloodbath with everyone killing each other in this room. I think it looked like an old Gothic church. I found myself in the body of a man, an aging professor. Then a homicidal woman lunged at me and I impaled her through the heart with a spear. There was a little girl hiding behind me, dressed in Victorian clothes. Then I saw her again years later (in the dream, not real time) and she hadn't aged at all.

Share your bizarre cabin fever dreams here.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a lot of nightmares--maybe I always have--but when I don't have to get up to an alarm clock, I remember them better. Last night I was rescuing my daughter, carrying her to the safety of my minivan and putting her in the passenger seat (she is an adult I could not possibly carry) when angry wild boars the size of cattle came barreling down the dirt road we were parked on. I got the door shut, both of us barely fitting in the passenger seat, only to see the biggest boar charging the wide-open driver's door. We were doomed. End of dream, so at least I don't witness the carnage.

And while I do drive a minivan, I don't routinely leave any of its doors open unless I'm vacuuming it, which is pretty rare and never done among wild boars.

Maryn, forever in a mom-van

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
I dreamt I was at my parents' place—the threat was still there, but we were quarantined together. Wish-fulfillment.

I was trying to write a sermon for Sunday church and panicking about it. My mother bore the brunt of it, as usual, as I wailed about how stressed I was teaching and writing sermons. "Doesn't your pastor write the sermons?" she asked. "No!" I started waving the worship folder in her face. "IT'S MY TURN THIS WEEK! SEE, IT SAYS MY NAME IN THE BULLETIN!"

To be clear, I'm not a member of the clergy and only clergyfolk give sermons at our church. My only thought is, I was processing my new roles in the congregation. My Bible study's been cancelled and I've become the lead singer and Zoom Explainer for Little Old Church Ladies. No sermons, please God.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't it funny, the kinds of stresses our dream-brains produce? I say let the wild boars write the damned sermon. We'll see how that goes.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I have a lot of weird 'city' dreams, which are me wandering around trippy dreamscape cities, usually but not always some variation of the one I live in but with all sorts of bizarrarchitecture bordering on incomprehensible. I used to have obsessive dreams that the city I was in was Seattle, which I thought was some kind of prophecy I was moving there. Which I never did.

One of my all-time weirdest one had me rushing to work, everything seemed perfectly fine except that it seemed too dark out, but I leave early so that's normal. And I do the whole bus ride stressing I'm late for work, get off at my stop where the big mall is and look up and catch an East Asian dragon blasting across the sky. Then I go whooooooa and wake up.

Had a lot of intense stress dreams in the months leading up to the outbreak, of course I was very sick with that weird 'flu' everyone got so that might have affected it. Unfortunately, since I went into isolation I've been getting the best sleep of my whole life with completely boring and forgettable dreams.
I dreamed last week that there was a massive bloodbath with everyone killing each other in this room. I think it looked like an old Gothic church. I found myself in the body of a man, an aging professor. Then a homicidal woman lunged at me and I impaled her through the heart with a spear. There was a little girl hiding behind me, dressed in Victorian clothes. Then I saw her again years later (in the dream, not real time) and she hadn't aged at all.

Sounds like an awesome horror anime you may have fallen asleep watching. ;)

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't it funny, the kinds of stresses our dream-brains produce? I say let the wild boars write the damned sermon. We'll see how that goes.

With an adult sturgeon for proper distancing, right?

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's the only sensible solution.

My kids are adults and managing their lives just fine, but my nightmares often feature them younger and in danger. Last night our older daughter was apparently going to Venezuela to teach... something, with three other girls, all of them around fourteen, none of them Spanish speakers, no organization or chaperones involved. Nothing could possibly go wrong with that plan, right?

Maryn, who should have told her to at least take an adult sturgeon

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Funny- at the moment, I don't dream. I just wake up. Maybe I do dream but the dream just isn't worth remembering. :Shrug:

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
Update: I received the church bulletin today.
The pastor is giving the sermon.
I, apparently, am singing the hymns. This was the first I'd heard of it.

PROPHECY

Ruby Road

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gheltebridle.wixsite.com
Maryn, who should have told her to at least take an adult sturgeon

Remember to disinfect the sturgeon. Although then you can't consume it anymore. Oh well. Survival of pandemic requires the sacrifice of endangered fish.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I received the church bulletin today.
The pastor is giving the sermon.
I, apparently, am singing the hymns. This was the first I'd heard of it.

PROPHECY

Congrats. I have yet to have a prophecy.

Last edited:

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I dreamt I was conducting dubious construction deals with Doug Ford (acting as an accomplice.)

Not sure where that came from. :Shrug:

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And why not? There were swine in the Bible. The wild boars may have folktales about the Gadarene swine. Their noble sacrifice to save humanity, etc.

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
And why not? There were swine in the Bible. The wild boars may have folktales about the Gadarene swine. Their noble sacrifice to save humanity, etc.

We think they plunged off the cliff because they were possessed by demons. But actually, they had just discovered they were in charge of writing the sermon . . .

SAWeiner

Reaction score
The other day I took a nap and had a dream I'd like to share. I was being informed by a knowledgeable source that the Antichrist was coming between 2026-2030!

Be warned though--in September, 2015, well before the man was being taken seriously, I dreamt Trump will become president. So, maybe the Antichrist is headed our way!:)

Ruby Road

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gheltebridle.wixsite.com
The other day I took a nap and had a dream I'd like to share. I was being informed by a knowledgeable source that the Antichrist was coming between 2026-2030!

Be warned though--in September, 2015, well before the man was being taken seriously, I dreamt Trump will become president. So, maybe the Antichrist is headed our way!:)

Interesting. Let's hope that doesn't happen though. The antichrist with his pack of boars writing the sermon.

Cat's-Paw

Registered
Reaction score
I don't really remember any describable dreams I've had recently, but I have been wondering if there has been an increase in dreams about having no toilet paper. I have had dreams about not being able to find a toilet, or at least one with proper enclosure, often waking up to find that I actually did need to go to the bathroom... But I'm curious if people have been having more dreams relating to toilet paper, due to the toilet paper shortage.

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
Do you find that your dreams place you in quarantine (if you're in a quarantined area) or out of it?

I thought I didn't dream about quarantine, but then I realized I did—in my dreams not holed up in my apartment by myself, I'm always quarantined with my family.

Ruby Road

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gheltebridle.wixsite.com
Do you find that your dreams place you in quarantine (if you're in a quarantined area) or out of it?

Usually outside of quarantine, but some details may be there, like the empty stores. I think the church massacre is related to my anxieties about the way people have responded; protests and panic buying. Yours was more literal, mine have a weird way of disguising things, like Maryn's boar dream.

Ruby Road

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gheltebridle.wixsite.com
Update: Today I had dream about being a nurse in a hospital trying to help a hermaphrodite man give birth. He/they gave birth to a regular baby boy. The other nurse was just smoking a cigarette and watching me while making no effort to help. Don't ask me how such a person could even conceive/carry the baby because I don't know either.