• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking CP for Upper MG Sci-Fi (81k words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kujo_jotaro

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've recently finished working on my manuscript, 'The Downsides to Kidnapping a Princess', and have now taken it as far as I can by myself. I am looking for a CP or two to help me take my work to that next level.

The story is predominantly Sci-Fi, but there is a lot of humor in there too and is multi-POV. Ideally I am looking for someone who enjoys reading Rick Riordan, because that is the kind of style I have tried to emulate. I have posted the first chapter in the Children's section of 'Share your Work' to give anyone who's potentially interested a taste of what it's like.

In return I'm of course happy to CP for anyone looking for critique on their own manuscript, so I'll write a little about me:

I have written a handful of manuscripts previously, the majority of which were YA, but I wasn't enjoying writing it because I wanted a bit more leeway in the humor department so decided to give MG a shot. On my most recent manuscript before this one I got some bites from a handful of agents on my query and first chapters, so have some decent experience with the process and am not a complete newbie to this thing.

Although I enjoy writing MG, I read across a broad range of categories including Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi and Fantasy. A few of my faves are the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child, the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice and a lot of Rick Riordan's early work. The most recent book I read that I really loved was Pachinko, so for the most part I feel like unless its Romance/Erotica, I may be your guy.

I work full time as a proofreader too, so feel I've got a sharp eye for detail.

If this sounds like something you might find interesting and want to trade first chapters to see whether we might be a fit or not, I'd love to hear from you.

Last edited:

bin_b0x

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kujo,

I'm writing an upper-MG fantasy story set in a world of sapient canines, clocking in at 80K words. If you're still searching for readers, I'd be open to exchanging our first three chapters. Let me know if that interests you.

kujo_jotaro

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to give myself a bump.

I found myself a really great CP a while ago and have spent a while going through some extensive revisions. Am looking for an extra CP or two to fine-tune it some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.