In querying Hell for first book, and inspired with idea for 2nd

J.B. Rooster

Captain: Ankh-Morpork City Watch
Registered
Reaction score
I've been querying my first novel for a few months now, and gotten about 15 rejections so far, but I just got hit with inspiration for a new novel, and if I can get past the conceptualization process fairly soon, I'll be excited to start cranking it out! It's a fantasy story that's heavily inspired by astrology and I'm using tarot cards as a way to block out the beats. It's proving to be a really good organization method!

LadyRedRover

Registered
Reaction score
You may want to delete that snippet for now, while you're querying. This isn't a password-protected section of the forum and you posting those paragraphs could count as publishing. In the password-protected sections like SYW, it's safe to post your work.

Also, congratulations on getting your second novel started :) That's a really great thing and can be tough to do while you're waiting to hear back.

J.B. Rooster

Captain: Ankh-Morpork City Watch
Registered
Reaction score
You may want to delete that snippet for now, while you're querying. This isn't a password-protected section of the forum and you posting those paragraphs could count as publishing. In the password-protected sections like SYW, it's safe to post your work.

Also, congratulations on getting your second novel started :) That's a really great thing and can be tough to do while you're waiting to hear back.

Thanks a bunch for this recommendation. It didn't even occur to me that that might be an issue. Rookie mistake, but I guess that's part of why the 50 post guideline is in place XD

Last edited: