"Clod-Shodden" is published! (Fantasy Short)

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
To anybody sitting home in lockdown and looking for something to read, my short story, "Clod-Shodden" came out today in Metaphorosis Magazine! It's available to view online for free (hint, hint).

Inspired by a prompt during one of the summer solstice writing events here on AW, "Clod-Shodden" is the story of a sentient basil plant and a fairy penguin who go on a journey together (in case you're wondering, fairy penguins really exist).

As if that weren't enough, I was astonished and humbled to discover my characters were chosen as the subject for this month's cover, and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous!

The story and the podcast recording are both available here.

If you’re not into fantasy and just want to check out some really pretty art, the cover image is available here.

Thank you to everybody who had a hand in helping bring this work to fruition, and thank you to AW in general, for steering me through the choppy waters of submission and rejection. I can't believe I'm officially a published author!

Last edited:

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Woohoo, congratulations! It's a fantastic story and the artwork is gorgeous.

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
YES! I just saw this. Taz, when I first read that story I thought to myself that if you weren't already a published author, then the rest of us pretty much didn't stand a chance. I'm so glad to see you get a win with this one. Fully deserved, I was hooked from beginning to end!

Congrats. :)

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
YES! I just saw this. Taz, when I first read that story I thought to myself that if you weren't already a published author, then the rest of us pretty much didn't stand a chance. I'm so glad to see you get a win with this one. Fully deserved, I was hooked from beginning to end!

Congrats. :)

:D Thanks so much!

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
This is the best, it's always extra exciting when a solstice story gets published! Congratulations!