Folding at Home: help find drugs that treat COVID-19

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
https://fold.it/portal/

It's easy (so they tell me, I haven't started yet). Everything you need is on the site, tutorials, downloads, help.

Folding at home was established years ago to study proteins. A big part of proteins is in how they fold. While supercomputers are good at developing new proteins, apparently algorithms are not as imaginative as humans. The human brain is still beating AI. Yay humans!

Folding at home uses a gaming format and has turned out to be a very successful program.

Now you can work with the protein spikes on the COVID-19 viral capsule helping to discover proteins that fit and can disable the virus. We need treatments now. Vaccines will take longer to develop, test, produce and distribute.

Check out the site, watch the videos, give it a try. :Thumbs:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I know zip about computer games, and barely understood the science behind it, but when I think of all the unoccupied brain power, out of school, bored, and experienced gamers, this sounds like a plan!

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I've been doing Folding at Home, and yes, it is very easy, and it has made no detectable difference to my computer use in terms of slowing it down.