I've been offered representation!

MJG_Write

WriteTeachSleep
Registered
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Hi everyone!

I know the world is kind of crazy right now, but I have the most exciting news. I talked with an agent last Tuesday. We spoke for over two hours! It was a wonderful call. She sent me client references and encouraged me to notify other agents with material. I gave her a two week deadline. I'm going to respond to her and potentially other offers, next Tuesday.

It's all so surreal to me. I've kind of been on cloud nine for the past few days. I've worked at my craft for a really long time. Ten years ago, I posted a query for for the first project I ever wrote on the SYW forums. Well, the query was awful, the book was even worse than the query, and I shelved the project. Since then, I've amassed 500 rejections or so over about 6 manuscripts. But each book I wrote, I got better. I learned something new. I realized I was probably becoming a pretty good writer when my beta readers no longer took months to get back to me, but a couple weeks.

Really, guys, don't give up!

Anyway, this agent has read two of my projects. She read my last one and the one I was preparing to query. She loves them both and has a plan to submit them simultaneously.

I'll update this thread once I make a decision. I do have several fulls out and other agents are promising to have a response before the deadline. I've got to say, it was really satisfying sending out those OFFER OF REPRESENTATION RECEIVED emails. It's pretty stunning how fast agents respond to those ones!

SAWeiner

Reaction score
Congratulations!!! Inspiring news for those of us who have yet to successfully get their foot in the door.

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. Thanks for sharing such great news. I am about to start querying in the next few weeks.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful news. Congratulations!:Clap:

Gemma007

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I needed to hear a story like this today.

litdawg

Helping those who help themselves
Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful to hear the next phase of your journey has begun! Congratulations--may cloud nine carry you through all of these dark days.

J.B. Rooster

Captain: Ankh-Morpork City Watch
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Keep on fighting the good fight and hope the next phases go well for you!

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Terrific news! I'm just starting the publishing process and I'm a little daunted by everything, but glad to see you turned out fine.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Always great to hear when something wonderful happens against the general flow of awful! May you and the books do well!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal