Thrill Club

Nina Kaytel

I spell Gray with an 'E''
Registered
Reaction score
My Ex-boyfriend turned me on (poor choice of words) to a book subscription box. I told him if left to my own devices I pick authors or genes I know I'll like. He lives in NJ and he and his lady love to go to garage sales and every once in a while they send me a box of books, but I told them to look for novels written in the 50s-70s, since the novel I am querying for is set in the 70s, so I am interested in the language. He has found me some gems like a Toni Morrison I had been hunting. Still there is an element of control, so he told me about My Thrill Club, which sends two books a month (they even sent one for March, which surprised me), it has been wonderful so far, does anyone else here use a subscription box? (By the way, I picked horror). I have had it four months now.
(Also, if you read Number 11 by Jonathan Coe, please PM me to explain it. Was the ending an effort to try to emulate The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson?)
Also, also does anyone know of a way to give away some of these books.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't subscribe to the same type of service you are describing, but I do get a daily (sometimes several daily) emails from BookBub and Early Bird Books. There's a lot more titles there than I can possibly read, but I've found some good ones there.

As for getting rid of books, I donate to the local charity shops, or sometimes place them in the little libraries people have in front of their houses. Many libraries take book donations too, which they sell during fundraisers.