Hi, I'm RiddledWithProblems (and I'm riddled with problems)

RiddledWithProblems

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! just came across this forum the other day and I was curious to see what it's all about. I like writing, specifically dystopian fiction and reading, specifically dystopian fiction. Favorite book would probably be animal farm. I also write poetry sometimes.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Riddler, :welcome:to AW - Lurve your Screen Name, by the way!:ROFL:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I, too, am riddled with problems. And I was here first, damn it.

In seriousness, welcome to you. I'm usually able to enjoy the best of any genre. Do you have recommendations in addition to Animal Farm?

Maryn, always up for a good book

Michiru

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, if you have problems, you're apparently in the right place. ^_^ Nice to meet you!

Do you like dystopian fiction of all kinds--does Hunger Games, for example, make the cut too? Or do you prefer literary?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

RiddledWithProblems

Registered
Reaction score
All kinds. Not just books either. Movies, TV shows, music, video games. Science fiction too. Anything in that realm fascinates me
I liked Hunger Games. Didn't like the third book as much, but I enjoyed the series overall. And, for some reason, I really like the second movie.

Fantasy too. I love Harry Potter.

RiddledWithProblems

Registered
Reaction score
Never Let Me Go. It's more science fiction than dystopian, but I'm enjoying it a lot.
Besides that, I'd recommend any of the classics like 1984 or Brave New World. I haven't read as many as I would like to (I tend to get distracted when I read), but those are two that come to mind.

Catch-22 I've heard is really good, but I haven't read it. Clockwork Orange is a good book based on what I've read so far.
I really like the Philip K Dick short story collections. Service call, Captive Market, Minority Report, We Can Remember It For You Wholesale, The Fifth Variety are some of my favorites. Novel-wise "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" and "The Man In The High Castle"- although I've only read the first.

"Fahrenheit 451" and "The City" by Ray Bradbury are two I'd highly recommend.

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love-love-love Catch-22. Please read it. You can thank me later.

Maryn, who lists it as her all-time favorite about half the time