Back from the Dead!

Michiru

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I was active on this site about ten (eek!) years ago when working on my first novel. Thanks to the help of AW I managed to beat my urban fantasy novel into good enough shape for fourth place in a small publisher's contest, and so they published me.

Then I went abroad for three years for work, after which I came back to the United States to face two years of the joy of the job hunt. In that time I wrote two novels that were so bad they will never see the light of day and two (both horror stories) that show promise. However, they've been stagnant for over three years because I found the wonderful job that I have now, and with the new income I began working on my Master's degree and also on getting a life, which helped me meet my fiance. These fabulous things left me without much time for writing.

But now the world is in quarantine the semester will be over by the time the quarantine lifts, which leaves me with free time until at least August to finally polish my manuscripts, should such manuscripts consent to be polished (in my experience, they never do). I was very happy to see Absolute Write still up after so many years and to find that my login still works. Hopefully I can spend the next months helping others with crit and getting their help in return.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Michiru. I think I saw this episode on Walking Dead. Aren't the rest of us supposed to nail boards across our windows and wring our hands, hoping you don't get in?

To heck with that. :welcome: back! :greenie

Michiru

Registered
Reaction score
Pastelnudes: Thank you, and nice to meet you!

regdog: Thanks! ^_^

Chase: You are, indeed, supposed to do all that. You are also supposed to marvel at how cool I am even as you fear me. *waggles eyebrows*

Enlightened: :hooray: