Fashion (or "Fashion") For Fun

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
In all seriousness: she's been cleaning her room, which is no small task. She's determined to make her space what she wants it, and she figures now is the perfect time. We've told her when all this is over we'll look into updating her furniture.

I have to stop myself from rooting through everything she wants to donate, though. She's brutal about Stuff. I am hopelessly sentimental.
I think that's a great project for your daughter. Wish I could get my son to do something similar. He's still living out of his suitcases, so we're trying to get him to put some stuff away. He's been home a week and should be with us at least for 2 months.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to note that I am again wearing a skirt. Granted, it's covered with skeletons, but it's a skirt nevertheless.

Maryn, all hoity-toity

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I would like to note that I am again wearing a skirt. Granted, it's covered with skeletons, but it's a skirt nevertheless.

Maryn, all hoity-toity

You are gorgeous.

I am not in a skirt, but I have re-redded my hair. The Kid tells me I look like Ariel, just old.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

Kids these days...

Houston, we have earrings. And they still went in without a hitch.

Not that I look all that splendid with my red eyes and red, runny nose, curtesy of allergies. :Shrug:But earrings, damnit. Pretty little kittens.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One of our kids has bad allergies--enough that we took her to the doctor for suspected pneumonia spring after spring--so I'm thinking my itchy eyes are just that. I've got other eye shit going on, though, so who knows? I try to be fascinated with how the brain deals with it rather than annoyed there's an "it" to deal with.

"Ariel, just old" may be today's winner.

Mr. Maryn has agreed to wear a mask when in public, so I'm reviewing my cotton stash for the best, most bad-ass prints.

Maryn, not willing to sacrifice the Kaffe Fassett

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
My wife has cut fabric for 65 masks but only has innerfacing (sp?) for 24 masks. So she had to order more to finish out the remainder. She has a wide breadth of fabrics. I'm going with the sports themed cuts. Though most of them will be donated.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, good for her. I have not motivated myself to crank them out like she has. You married a woman with an admirable work ethic! Mr. Maryn, not so lucky.

I don't use interfacing in mine. I have some, but who knows where it landed when we moved? I'm using a tightly woven white cotton for the reverse side.

Today I had an online meeting, so I am wearing a sweater set worthy of an upscale suburban housewife, plus a skirt and tall socks no one but me will see and admire. But they're fun.

Maryn, all about the fun