Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
And while I'm thinking of Beethoven (disclaimer: my favorite classical composer, and modulo Mozart's Requiem the only one I listen to voluntarily), I must post this oft-seen video of an Ode to Joy flashmob, which never fails to make me tear up in the best of ways:

Public performance of Ode to Joy

If anyone knows where this was filmed, let me know - I don't travel enough to recognize it!

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Not quite uplifting, because the takeaway is that nature is both more powerful and sassier than us, but Thug Life Animals gets some *heavy* rotation around here when things are glum.

Warning: Some of the tracks they play over the footage features explicit lyrics. Part of the humor, but not going to be for everybody.

Last edited:

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
They're not exactly meme material, but in my spare time I've been discovering old cartoons that were aired when I was a kid but never got to see because we had the wrong channels. I've been getting a lot of laughs out of Goof Troop. Short little episodes that are good for a lunch break.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Okay, this is a bit tangential, but I've been following some of the videos from RapidFireArt. Darlene teaches realism using graphite pencil (she sometimes uses a Cintiq tablet, but I've done those tutorials with pencil as well).

I am not an artist. I have a small ability to follow directions. My fine motor skills are in need of a LOT of refinement. But she has helped me create some sketches that are not half bad.

Her strategy is pretty much "Draw some stuff, and erase what you don't want" which is just perfect for me. If you've ever really wanted to draw a hand that looks like a hand, you could do worse than giving her a try. :)

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm very anti-zoo, anti-aquarium, etc. However, I kind of can't resist the 'animals wandering around the empty-of-humans place checking out their fellow captives,' things that have been circulating.

Like these penguins running about in the aquarium.

Also, this sadly doesn't seem to have video but the dolphins being super excited by a sloth, while the sloth... sloths, is awesome.

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
The National Theatre is making some of its productions available for a limited period. I watched the James Corden 'One Man, Two Guvnors' play last night and enjoyed it (once I'd got through the first scene not really rating it that highly). I'd definitely recommend it. :) (It's available to watch until 9th April, then it will be replaced with 'Jane Eyre' for a week, then a couple of others have been announced for after that.)

Andrew Lloyd Webber has stepped up to the plate, too, with 'The Shows Must Go On!'. Currently, you can watch the Donny Osmond version of 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat'. :)

The BBC has rounded up some live web-cams for 'How to see the world without leaving your home'. There are views from places like Lapland, Times Square, Tokyo, and Space. :)

redpbass

Registered
Reaction score
And while I'm thinking of Beethoven (disclaimer: my favorite classical composer, and modulo Mozart's Requiem the only one I listen to voluntarily), I must post this oft-seen video of an Ode to Joy flashmob, which never fails to make me tear up in the best of ways:

Public performance of Ode to Joy

If anyone knows where this was filmed, let me know - I don't travel enough to recognize it!

I am not ashamed to say I teared up listening to that at the beginning, when the first two violinists came out. It just seemed so personal. I almost cried...that was beautiful. Thank you for posting that.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

The Met did an At Home Gala, with numerous artists singing their hearts out from their living rooms, studios and kitchens. The highlight for me was Erin Morley, coloratura extraordinaire, singing Chacun le sait from La Fille du Regiment by Donizetti, a cheery, bright-hearted piece. Erin not only sang gloriously, but also played the piano to accompany herself. (Most of the performances were done to the tune of piano music canned from the Met staff.) You can hear and watch Erin's performance on her website: www.erinmorley.com/videos

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Last edited:

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
I've seen several "pass it on" videos that were really cute, although I can't find any of them at the moment. One started out with a random stunt actor punching the camera, then another actor taking that punch and responding. They passed it on to about 20 or so people. Then some other actors got into it; the second one I saw was all women. Danielle Ruah from NCIS:LA was in that one. There was one local cosplay group that did it with a makeup brush showing before & after shots, and a bunch of horror/Halloween actors did the same thing.