“Humans are weird” anthology, open submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlynnOfMany

Registered
Reaction score
Website
maralynnjohnstone.com
(Let me know if this is redundant. I also posted in the Paying Markets area, but I figure the appropriate audience is here.)

Hello, sci-fi writers! Are you, like me, tired of seeing humans portrayed as the weak, boring aliens, while everyone else in the galaxy is so glamorous? Have you considered that maybe we’re the ones who stand out? After all, we’re exceptional on Earth for a number of reasons, ranging from the very obvious (clothes) to the less obvious (throwing ability). It could be that we have a reputation among the stars.

If this sounds like the kind of thing you’d enjoy writing about, then there’s an anthology for you. It pays $25 per story (word count between 1,500 and 5,000 words), and the submissions will be open during May and June.

Full details are here, and the insider's circle for fundraising and additional content / mini-contests / free merch is here on Patreon. (This will be an adventure all its own. If all goes well, there could be further volumes in the future.)

Feel free to spread the word! Let's all be weird together.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for not seeing this earlier, but yeah, we try to discourage duplicate threads, and Paying Markets is the better place for this. Closing this thread, but here is a link to the other one so people can follow any additional updates.

Good luck with your anthology! It sounds like an interesting theme (-:

Status
Not open for further replies.