About Be Excellent to One Another

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
“Be excellent to one another,” or, if you prefer, “Be excellent to each other.”

Both lines are used in the 1989 film Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Those lines, and the underlying ethos of the film, are what’s behind this year’s Absolute Write Feast of Fools, otherwise known as April Fool’s.

This year, when so many are stressed by issues around COVID-19 around health and employment and staying away from other people, we thought a day of emphasizing doing something for ourselves and for each other would be particularly appropriate.

What better time than this to be excellent to one another?

We thought April 1 2020 was a good day to find ways to engage in self-care; keeping occupied and distracted, and of course one of the best ways to do that is to do something for others.

What are you doing to help yourself cope, even to write?

What can we do for ourselves and for others?

How YOU Can Participate

• Post in one of the threads listed here.
  • Or Start a thread here in this Be Excellent forum.
  • Tag it with the name of the regular forum you think it fits in brackets at the end:
  • My Nifty Thread [Office Party]
  • A mod will move the thread with a redirect, so it will be listed here and live in the other forum.

Last edited:

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Can we keep this forum? This isn't just for April Fool's...is it?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Can we keep this forum? This isn't just for April Fool's...is it?

The posts are permanent; all the threads but this one are resident in another forum.

As to keeping it . . . right now the mods and I are the only one creating threads.

Which suggests that there isn't a lot of interest.

I can't do this level of writing on a regular basis. I'm working full time, and I'm my mom's caregiver. And I'm posting with hands that are like sausages because I had to do today's paid writing over night, and I've got serious carpal tunnel.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I started a thread over on Office Party (thought I tagged it, but it looks like my edit got lost). Is that the way to do it, or would you rather we started threads on this forum and let the mods move them?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I started a thread over on Office Party (thought I tagged it, but it looks like my edit got lost). Is that the way to do it, or would you rather we started threads on this forum and let the mods move them?

See the first post in this thread: I edited it to make it clearer for members.

How YOU Can Participate

• Post in one of the threads listed here.
  • Or Start a thread here in this Be Excellent forum.
  • Tag it with the name of the regular forum you think it fits in brackets at the end:
  • My Nifty Thread [Office Party]
  • A mod will move the thread with a redirect, so it will be listed here and live in the other forum.

And THANK YOU

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.