My first publication!

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Do you guys remember my short story "Graffiti Girl" I put in SYW in December for a small book my college puts out? Well today I got an email, and my story's going to be accepted!

My mom thought something was wrong when I ran out of my room screaming for her!

I can't stop reading the email. I'm so happy. They'll send me two copies through mail sometime soon.

:hooray:

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
(I am Starrystorm's twin and I will use this thread to say things I could never say to her without my selective mutism getting in the way)

I am proud of you, sis. Always have been. Although, I may be older by three days, I've always counted on you. You got me into writing. You are my only and best friend. My partner in crime. I care about you so much it hurts. I swear I don't feel any jealousy about your story getting chosen and my poem not. I just want the best for you. Good job. You deserve the best.

~ The Second Moon

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
That's wonderful! Congratulations and I'm so happy for you!

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, starrystorm :hooray:

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
I finally went down to buy four copies of the book to send to relatives because they still haven't sent my two free copies. I was (and am still) excited. I'm right up near the front too.

The only problem was that this book refused to use scene breaks. On one of mine they just smushed it into the same paragraph as before the location and time change. I do remember having trouble formatting it to send it to them as the scene break lined up perfectly with the next page. I was hoping at least they would read it and put two and two together. Otherwise, it was so cool holding my story in my hands.

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic! Congratulations. I'm sure it feels great to hold a published story.