John Prine hospitalized

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is sad news. I hope for his recovery, but plenty of people in similar circumstances aren't going to make it.

We're going to lose a lot of people, and some will have been entertainers we enjoyed.

Maryn, noting Mark Blum's passing

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sad news, but not unexpected. Sigh...

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Prine had part of a lung removed and survived cancer twice. It doesn't look good.

Hello in There

Warning, it might make you cry. :cry:

That one always made me cry.

We were tiny when our parents got his albums. I was too young to know what the Korean War even was, but every time he sang "We lost Davey in the Korean War. Still don't know what for. Don't much matter any more..." I would choke up.

We kids played his albums so much, liked to sing "Illegal Smile" and "The Accident" and "Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Any More."

Prine was a good one. May his music be remembered as important illuminations of that time and place.

yesandno

stagnationtown
Registered
Reaction score
I can't get the link to work!

I've gotten a lot of comfort and pleasure from his songs. I wish there would be more, but at least we've got what we've got. A big thank you.

Last edited:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't get the link to work!

To link, copy the link you want to insert, then type the text you want here, then highlight the text and click the little icon in the toolbar with the globe and the sideways 8 (it's supposed to be chain links :)) then paste the link into the box that pops up (is maybe your pop-up blocker on?). That should do it.