A Wild Newbie Appeared!

J.B. Rooster

Captain: Ankh-Morpork City Watch
Registered
Reaction score
Newbie would like to battle.

Newbie used Greet!

"Hello everyone, I'm new here. I began querying for my 98k YA Fantasy novel a little over a month ago, and one of the agents I queried mentioned this forum in her Form Rejection, and I figured I'd check it out. Looks like a great resource, so I'm looking forward to diving in!"

Newbie's Charisma went up

Last edited:

potatoPizza

Registered
Reaction score
AnotherNewbie Appeared!

AnotherNewbie has accepted the battle challenge.

AnotherNewbie used Reply.

"Hi, comerade! Looking forward to read your story. I'm not sure about what the 'YA' means, but I'm willing to find out:) I really liked your Pokemon-style post, tho!"

AnotherNewbie waits eagerly for your next move!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh... I'm so out of it I don't quite get what that was, but I'm not too old to smooth my gloves, set my hat straight, rearrange my pearls, and bid you a most ladylike welcome.

Oh, wait, no. I'm channeling my mom. Freaky!

Maryn, freaky in her own way

J.B. Rooster

Registered
Reaction score
AnotherNewbie's Reply has lowered Newbie's defense.

Newbie used Explain yourself!

"I was referring to the age range. It's a story that's targeted at a Young Adult audience (YA). And I appreciate the encouragement! Looking forward to speaking with more comrades!"

It's Super Effective!

J.B. Rooster

Registered
Reaction score
Sigh... I'm so out of it I don't quite get what that was, but I'm not too old to smooth my gloves, set my hat straight, rearrange my pearls, and bid you a most ladylike welcome.

Oh, wait, no. I'm channeling my mom. Freaky!

Maryn, freaky in her own way

Haha, don't worry Maryn, I was referencing Pokemon. Just wanted to do something different for my intro. Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet a moderator!

potatoPizza

Registered
Reaction score
AnotherNewbie used Reply

"Oooh, young adult, huh? I hope to read it soon, then! :D Can you give us some plot or the genre? I hope to keep seeing your replies! :) "

AnotherNewbie is excited to keep going!

J.B. Rooster

Registered
Reaction score
AnotherNewbie used Reply

"Oooh, young adult, huh? I hope to read it soon, then! :D Can you give us some plot or the genre? I hope to keep seeing your replies! :) "

AnotherNewbie is excited to keep going!

Newbie used Reply with Quote!

Sure! I'd be happy to! Here's the pitch:

Cry of the Crows - YA Fantasy 98k:
An arrogant princess who believes herself to be the center of the world and the subject of an important prophecy sets out to gather mystical gemstones in order to drive out a blight of crows that is devastating her kingdom. Along the way, however, she discovers that she's nothing more than a pawn in a larger scheme, and not only is her sense of self-importance misguided, but her recklessness and naivety may very well doom the kingdom she is trying to save.

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I chuckled about the YA confusion. Its interesting how different industries have differing acronyms. It took me a while to understand what MG stood for.