Site activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diomedes

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't used the site regularly in about 3 or 4 years. I had immense trouble getting the website to load - I had wondered whether it was gone, because it just would come up for the last 2 or 3 months. For some reason it loaded today and doesn't look like its down, but the website is excruciatingly slow to load pages. I have four tabs open to make moving around easier.

But I noticed that the frequency of posts seems to be down and hardly anyone is online - despite us all being in lockdown.

Has something gone wrong with the site?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't used the site regularly in about 3 or 4 years. I had immense trouble getting the website to load - I had wondered whether it was gone, because it just would come up for the last 2 or 3 months. For some reason it loaded today and doesn't look like its down, but the website is excruciatingly slow to load pages. I have four tabs open to make moving around easier.

But I noticed that the frequency of posts seems to be down and hardly anyone is online - despite us all being in lockdown.

Has something gone wrong with the site?

We sustained several DDOS attacks in December and January of this year, taking the site offline by overwhelming it.

We had to install special server software to prevent such attacks.

The software intervenes between the user and the site, slowing things down.

That's about all we can publicly say because we are dealing with law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.