• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA Fantasy Writer Seeking Critique Partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Bree. I’m looking for critique partners/writing buddies to continue a long-term partnership with. I have one critique partner right now, and it’s been absolutely amazing partnering with her. I’m now looking to add one or two more critique partners to my crew. :)

A little about me (and the expertise I bring to a CP partnership)…

I’ve earned a B.A. in English Language and Literature, a Creative Writing graduate certificate, and an M.A. in Creative & Critical Writing. I kicked off my writing career as an Editorial Intern with P.S. Literary Agency, where I read unrepresented manuscripts, wrote reader’s reports, and advised agents about requests. Shortly after my internship ended, I was hired on as an Editorial Literary Assistant with P.S. Literary Agency. I remained in that role for nearly three years before transitioning into higher education. I now teach creative writing at a university.

I'm passionate about socially progressive YA fiction.

A little about my work...

I have a finished YA fantasy manuscript that I’m currently querying. This is the blurb/pitch for that book:

When 18yo Mackenzie saves a boy from drowning, the last thing she expects is to be given the ability to see people’s lifespans. Tasked with the powers of a Liberant, Mackenzie is given a job she never asked for, but one she must rise to the challenge of: saving people from premature death.

My current work in progress (the book I’d love to have some partners offer insight on) is a witchy contemporary fantasy YA about a girl who’s going after the magicians who murdered her parents.If this seems like something you'd be interested in reading, I'd love to connect! Please either reply here or send me a DM if you’re interested in swapping a chapter to see if we’d make a good fit.

Bree, xx

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just an update that I am still looking. :)

Drascus

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Bree, if you're still interested it sounds like our genres align really well. I have one completed novel that I'm querying out, it's YA fantasy with a queer POC protagonist.

I do not have any writing degrees unless you count 3/4ths of a philosophy degree. I've been playing with narrative and writing in a variety of settings pretty much constantly since high school, which was quite a while ago!

I'd be happy to swap you a chapter if you're interested. Thanks!

kittymowmow

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Bree. I'm so new I don't know how to DM people. LOL But I think we could be a great team. I want to stay anonymous on this site, but I can tell you more when we talk. I'll try to figure out the DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.